Apple Watch does not sync SMS?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by plastus, Jun 9, 2015.

1. plastus macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if this is how the Apple Watch is supposed to function? It only syncs iMessages, but not SMS threads.

2. Scaleo macrumors member

I had this issue too.
    I then enable SMS forwarding on the iPhone for my MacBook Pro. After I did this my Watch received SMS. I don't know why this works.

3. plastus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I will give it a try when I get back home. I disabled SMS relay for my iPad, so I'm hoping once I re-enable it it'll kick start the Watch to start syncing as well.

4. midloman macrumors regular

midloman

I have an older Macbook Pro and an iPad. On my iPhone, under Settings --> Messages, I have only one entry for Text Message Forwarding. It says 1 device, and it's my iPad.

How do I add the Macbook Pro? Does that have to be added as well to get the texts on my watch? I think I had the same problem earlier today; the iMessages work fine but I'm not sure about the SMS. I think I got one earlier and it didn't come through.

5. plastus thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: Didn't work. I'm on WatchOS 2.0 Beta 1 so maybe it's due to that. When a text message comes through, I only get the notification. No option to reply like with an incoming iMessage. If anyone has other suggestions, please post! Thanks!

6. Wrightpd macrumors newbie

I have the same issue on WatchOS2 beta1, i get notification of an SMS on the watch but the do not appear in the messages app.

Also if i try and send a new message to someonee via SMS (as they don't have an idevice) it try to send it as a iMessage then fails

7. davethorp macrumors regular

Exactly the same here on OS2b1. Probably one of many bugs in that version