Apple Watch doesn't update play counts or last played

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by John6Plus, May 27, 2015.

1. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

So I experimented with loading songs onto the Watch. I loaded up 2GB of my favorite running songs, and am now waiting for my BT headphones.

In the meantime I played it through a BT speaker I had lying around, and much to my disappointment even after I re-synced everything the play count and last played timestamp was not updated for the songs I played.

This has always been key data for me and my playlists as well as just curiosity, going back to my first iPod in 2006.

The plus side is that it does update the watch if you sync a smart playlist and it changes (and only updates the relevant songs, so it doesn't take all night).

Has anyone actually had this update play counts or do I need to file a bug report?

2. lk400 macrumors 6502a

3. dan.synergy macrumors member

dan.synergy

This is a real bummer. I have complicated smart playlists that keep things fresh and help me replay things that I loved but may have forgotten. I wish they also allowed third party apps like Djay to update the play count.

4. John6Plus thread starter macrumors 6502

John6Plus

Bump dee bump.

Sorry for dredging up an ancient post, but I JUST realized that playing songs on the Watch now updates play counts/last played! They could have changed it the day after my original post above for all I know but hallelujah. I will now actually listen to music from my watch!

...it'll probably break in watchOS 3.