Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlseattle

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Seattle WA
Hi, I got my Apple Watch yesterday and now that I have my bluetooth enabled on my phone the battery seems to drain really quickly. I watch my phone go from 79% battery life to 75% in just 1/2 hour. Is there something I have turned on that is syncing between the Apple Watch and my phone that would cause this draining?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi, I got my Apple Watch yesterday and now that I have my bluetooth enabled on my phone the battery seems to drain really quickly. I watch my phone go from 79% battery life to 75% in just 1/2 hour. Is there something I have turned on that is syncing between the Apple Watch and my phone that would cause this draining?

There is no syncing to be turned on/off. The watch is always connected to your phone over Low Energy Bluetooth which takes up very little battery power.

What does the battery usage on your phone say?

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

That is only 8% an hour which is not so bad. Give it a few days. My 6+ comes home with more battery left than ever due to using the watch. Used to be 40-50% remaining but is now around 70% remaining and the watch is using about half of it's battery.

jlseattle

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Seattle WA
It looks like the Apple Watch was using 10% of my phone battery. Safari was using the most at 38%. I closed all the browser windows to help conserve battery life.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Notifications sent to the watch don't show up on the phone so I'd expect you'd want more notifications if you're trying to prolong phone battery.

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
Reality. I used to get almost 2 days on a full charge on the Plus. Now since getting the Watch, I'm usually around 50% battery by the end of the work day. Worse if I also use my Jaybirds. No other changes in usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.