Apple Watch e-mail issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rip-the-jacker, Mar 20, 2016.

1. rip-the-jacker macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I received my SS apple watch from the bay the other day, got a great deal on it. So far I'm loving it, the notifications are a godsend.

The problem I'm having though, is my notification for my e-mail seems to not alert me as it does for everything else??

Can someone please take me through a list of things to try, i have tried the watch app on my 6+ but to no avail.

thanks guys, RTJ

2. StarkCity, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016

StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Right off the top of my head I'd check your actual push / fetch notifications settings on the phone itself. I'm going to take a look at how mine is set up and edit this in a bit.

Well, from what I gather, and now that I'm actually thinking about it, I only receive my iCloud email notifications on my AW. It's also the only account I have 'push' toggled on. All my other accounts are set to fetch manually.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

The default notification for email is "Mirror my iPhone." And most people have their email notification on their phones to VIP. So, change your email notification to "Custom" on the watch app, and then select Show Alerts for all of your individual email accounts in the Watch app.

4. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the replies guys, i think thats it up and running now, will post if i have any further problems,

cheers dudes, RTJ