Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmbeard96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2017
Harrisburg, AR
I recently got an Apple Watch, and I need a band that's really easy to clasp. I only have one hand and I wear it on that wrist so it's really hard to use most clasps.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I recently got an Apple Watch, and I need a band that's really easy to clasp. I only have one hand and I wear it on that wrist so it's really hard to use most clasps.

I would suggest a link band. Apple offers a fairly expensive one, but you can find a cheaper third-party one. Once it's on your wrist, it takes very little effort to clasp both sides of the band together, which just snap into place.

jermy4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
I've seen the Milanese loops, but what do you mean by leather loop?
They look like this
MLHM2_AV2

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
You can have a look at this. Its special design make it easy to install and remove.
http://amzn.to/2haXc1u

Damn my eyes hurt after pressing that link !

Would also recommend the leather loop - very easy to get on and off. The problem with the link might be getting it off

The brand new sports loop might be good on the side for a more casual/sports look

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
I don't recommend the leather loop -- if the free end slides out of the slot, getting it back in is more of a hassle than it should be.

Milanese loop and the new fabric Sport loop are the best one-handed bets right now because they don't undo themselves. The Link bracelet (or any similar traditional watch bracelet) is also easy to use with one hand, but you need fingers to push the clasp buttons.

I also really like the idea of a Twist-O-Flex bracelet (the one by Speidel that pcall1128 linked to). That was my dad's daily watch strap for thirty-something years.

OP, clarify something for me. Is your watch-wearing wrist also the one with your remaining hand? Do you not have your opposite forearm?

If you have your hand free to manipulate a watch, I'll say that the plain ol' Sport band is really easy to put on and take off one-handed. I do it all the time and don't have to secure it against my chest, either.

Reactions: Leonardo34

reneesj

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2018
I would also recommend the loops. You can easily tighten these with your teeth, and they work visa magnets.
I'm a stroke survivor, I use the milanese loop, it works but frequently adjusts itself, requiring teeth adjustment several times an hour. Milanese loops are 100% incompatible with wheelchairs, the magnet is far more strongly attracted to the steel wheel than the watchband. Not much worse than losing your watch during maneuvering a wheelchair up a ramp. In the ever-present Seattle rain.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I'm a stroke survivor, I use the milanese loop, it works but frequently adjusts itself, requiring teeth adjustment several times an hour. Milanese loops are 100% incompatible with wheelchairs, the magnet is far more strongly attracted to the steel wheel than the watchband. Not much worse than losing your watch during maneuvering a wheelchair up a ramp. In the ever-present Seattle rain.

Don't I know it! Since the sports loop was released, that's all I wear. It doesn't interfere with my crutch or wheelchair. It doesn't slip or loosen up, and it's easy to put on and take off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.