Apple Watch Erroneous Weather Highs and Lows

douglaswilliams

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Oklahoma
The Apple Watch weather complication is supposed to show the current temp and today’s high and low temperature. It often shows has the current temp far below the low, or above the high, or it shows a high or low that is nowhere near the hour-by-hour listing for the day.

See screenshots for example.

I’m using an Apple Watch Series 4 cellular. I have rebooted reset the watch to no avail.

Wondering if this issue is bigger than just my watch. Anyone else see this too?

Attachments

akidokraja

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
The Apple Watch weather complication is supposed to show the current temp and today’s high and low temperature. It often shows has the current temp far below the low, or above the high, or it shows a high or low that is nowhere near the hour-by-hour listing for the day.

See screenshots for example.

I’m using an Apple Watch Series 4 cellular. I have rebooted reset the watch to no avail.

Wondering if this issue is bigger than just my watch. Anyone else see this too?
This not only Apple Watch. I have seen this on many other weather apps. Android too. I have no idea why and how.

akidokraja

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Download 10 different weather apps and you will see 10 different info for the same location.

douglaswilliams

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Oklahoma
It’s not that the weather prediction is wrong, we are all used to that.

It’s the situations that seem like programming errors. How is the current temp 49° but the high is only 40°? It seems like two different data sources. Or someone forgot to program:

IF CurrentTemp is >TodaysHigh
THEN TodaysHigh = CurrentTemp

It seems so, so erroneous that it makes me think my watch is broken. And I just lose faith in the watch in general.

akidokraja

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
It’s not that the weather prediction is wrong, we are all used to that.

It’s the situations that seem like programming errors. How is the current temp 49° but the high is only 40°? It seems like two different data sources. Or someone forgot to program:

IF CurrentTemp is >TodaysHigh
THEN TodaysHigh = CurrentTemp

It seems so, so erroneous that it makes me think my watch is broken. And I just lose faith in the watch in general.
Yes, I have seen that exact behavior on different apps for different devices like Apple Watch, iPhone, Android. I have no idea why it happens. I am assuming they never bother to have function like yours and they just receive whatever data was pushed from the server.