Apple Watch error screen: anyone else recover from this?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dictoresno, Nov 16, 2016.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

[​IMG]

My wife woke up to her watch displaying the screen above (not my pic, stole it from the link below). Thinking it was a charging issue, she left it on the charger and checked all connections. Even the next day, the screen hasn't changed. Tried with my cable and hers with my watch, no issues. Its almost like its in a recovery mode, similar to the plug into iTunes notification screen in DFU mode on an iPhone.

Brought it to the Apple Store, they could it get it running either. Watch won't respond to reboots and never bypasses this screen. They sent it away for service, fully covered under apple care +. Anyone else ever get this screen but was able to recover? The article in the link below seems to say that the users device randomly started working again after plugging it in and removing from the charger multiple times.

http://www.cultofmac.com/398919/mysterious-snake-apple-watch-error-heres-what-it-means/

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I believe this screen is displayed when the Watch is charging when it reaches a critically low battery level. Once it reaches a significant charge, that screen should disappear when power on. If the Watch doesn't power on past the screen you depicted, then something software related has issues. At least you're covered.

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Yea it was plugged in for days and showed no signs of life. Might be software related, it was on the beta. However I had no issues with my watch on the beta. Oh well.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I'm wondering if the Beta contributed to the error. I want to say I read something similar to this effect before on another thread.

5. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

I guess it wasn't software related. Apple sent a brand new watch in place of it. Awfully quick turn around time. They must've known right away it wasn't able to be repaired.