Apple Watch + Exercise + Music

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lympero, Sep 27, 2015.

1. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

I'm a frequent runner and I'm using my Apple Watch to save my exercise and listen to music. So before I start running, I open the music app, select a playlist and start playing music. Then i open the exercise app, select the time and I start.

The problem is that if I want to increase the volume or change song, I have to press the crown to go to my apps, select the tiny music app while running (it's very hard!) then change song. Of course because I want to keep track of my running time etc, again I have to press the crown, select the tiny exercise app while running and you get the point.

Am I missing something? Is there any other easier way to do something simple as run - keep track of your run and change volume or song without so much hassle?

2. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Bluetooth headphone like Beat's let you change volume and skip songs just like you can do with iPhone headphone.

3. dschulian macrumors regular

dschulian

Just make use of the glances. Then all you want do do is just one swipe away!

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Incorrect. You can't use Glance when in Workout.

Bluetooth headphone is the only easy way, and a designated way I guess.

5. LIOC macrumors member

LIOC

Double click the crown to switch between the last two open apps.

6. lympero thread starter macrumors 6502a

lympero

Didn't know you can do that :)

7. shipshape macrumors newbie

shipshape

8. mtehonica macrumors regular

Yup, this is what I do. Switch between whatever app I'm using (MotiFIT or Workout) and Pandora. Very easy to switch apps.

9. LIOC macrumors member

LIOC

You can't go to the watch face in-between apps. Since then one of the two last will be the watch face itself. This has been the watch it worked since WOS 1.0

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Been using the double tap to switch between 2 Apps since launch day.

11. ruffage macrumors member

Just stop messing with the watch perhaps? Start the run on full volume and run through that track you can't bear to hear. it'll be over in a few minutes.

Failing that, line up two apps in the order you want to switch to them with a double press. I start the music app to make sure the volume is to the max, then start Runkeeper, which calls the "Running" playlist anyhow. Runkeeper then stays in the foreground and if I have to change tracks I just double press the crown for the music app.

12. LIOC macrumors member

LIOC

Don't know where you're running. But if your running outside you really should not run with music at max volume. You need to hear what is going on around you. Also if you read the post before you, you would now the OP did not know about double pressing the crown to switch apps.