Apple Watch Fitness

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kart, Apr 28, 2015.

1. kart macrumors member

If you have any fitness tricks with the :apple:Watch, e.g good health apps, and how to get the most for Health/Fitness out of the :apple:Watch, please post them up.

I would like to know more about the Heart Rate monitor, is the heart rate monitor always calculating BPM? When you access it from dragging the clock screen up and swiping to the Heart Rate Monitor, it doesnt seem to update as often as I would like. I would like to see a constant (live) BMP app, also, it takes a little for it to calculate, then the screen seems to go black if you move your arm, then you have to wait for it to re-calculate the BMP.

Also, yesterday was the first time I took the :apple:Watch to the gym, and whilst I was on the X-Trainer, it could not seem to calculate meters, speed or accurate exercising time. There was nothing suitable to choose from in the list e.g "Indoor Run" didn't show accurate readings - Anyone else found similar problems for gym activities, or am I totally missing something?

Just wanting someone to help me out a little, so I can get the best Health/Fitness results from the :apple:watch, as I am quite active, and would benefit from the readings.

Appreciate it!

2. Alith macrumors 6502

X-Trainer is an elliptical? There's an option for that.