Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SHirsch999

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 19, 2011
Hi. We are thinking about getting an Apple Watch for one of our kids. She has type 1 diabetes, and uses an iPhone at school to communicate with us throughout the day as well as a receiver for her CGM (the iPhone also transmits her CGM data to my wife and I). The problem is, her phone sits in her purse on silent mode so as not to interrupt anything or anyone during the day unless she needs it. This means she misses notifications and texts from us if they don't go through while she is looking at it. My understanding of the way the watch functions, as well as a watch app for the CGM, would alleviate these issues. My question is - does the Apple Watch fit on a child's wrist? She is 11 but is pretty small for her age.

exxxviii

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2015
Yep, no problem. My small-for-her-size middle school daughter has had a 38mm AW since launch. It would look fine for someone smaller than her.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
The sport band fits on my skinny 11 year old's wrist. Sport bands have three pieces to a box. The one piece is a set size and the other two pieces that have the holes in them are a large and a small and the small is good on little wrists.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
This is exactly why I bought my wife an Apple Watch. She would always forget to turn her ringer back on and miss her calls and texts. She loves now that she doesn't miss these even though her ringer is off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.