Apple Watch for festivals

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ccllud, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Ccllud macrumors newbie

i am a big festival fan and thinking of getting an Apple Watch specifically for festivals (I wear traditional watches day to day). I would use it primarily for Shazam and to see if someone texts me without pulling my phone out. Few questions:
    1. Can I run Shazam from the Watch?
    2. Want to keep costs at minimum, is there a minimum model to do so? Or will all Apple watches do that?

Thanks in advance

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Yes, Shazam works on the Watch to let you know what music is playing without pulling out your phone.

All Apple Watches can do this, so the cheapest version will be fine for you.

My guess, though, is that once you start using the Apple Watch it will quite possibly replace your traditional watches that you wear on a day to day.

3. KrisLord macrumors 65832

How good is Shazam at live music?

I’ve never tried it but assumed it would struggle due to the don’t being different to the album track.

4. Altis macrumors 68030

In my experience, Soundhound has been quicker and more accurate, especially with songs that are mixed in. Don't have a watch to try it with, though.

5. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Good point. I've never tried it with live music. But I'm guessing that, as it tries to match pre-recorded tracks, it might not be very successful.

OP - I guess you should experiment with Shazam on your phone at your next festival to see what the hit rate is before investing in the Watch.

6. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

Apple Music can now identify tracks by their lyrics. Record a (hopefully clear) bit of singing from a song you like then type in the lyrics later to help find the song.

7. iKevinT macrumors member

Shazam won’t recognize live concert music. Shazam searches its vast database for digital files, not listening like a person. Watch a concert video on YouTube by somebody in the audience and try Shazam with it.

8. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Prism screen Apple Watch FTW!

9. SHKLMRE macrumors 6502

I haven’t tried Shazam on my watch yet, but for festivals I LOVE staking my Apple Watch. It allows me to keep my phone secured away in my bag and not having to pull it out every few minutes to check notifications. I frequent festivals too!

10. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

You can buy many festival-related items for $450 that are better than an Apple Watch.

11. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Yes, but there's only so many other uses for 360 Degree Metallic Pleated Wings.