Apple watch freaked out this AM

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by usarioclave, Aug 25, 2015.

1. usarioclave macrumors 65816

When I woke up I put my watch on as normal, and noticed that the screen only stayed on for about a second then shut off. I tried to reboot it using the power button, but the restart screen would come up and the screen would power off.

A force-reset (hold the crown and big button) fixed the problem. The battery was at 100% when I woke up, and is at 96% now after this weird issue.

At this point I can't think of anything to tell Apple. Are there diagnostic logs on the device they can pull?

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

If this is the only time this has happened I wouldn't worry about it. Only worry if it does this kind of thing consistently and makes the watch unusable.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The wOS is still a bit buggy so don't worry about it.

4. usarioclave thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, the watch was unusable until it was rebooted. Mine's a launch day watch running 1.0.1. I think I've rebooted it like 3 times since launch day, so let's see if this starts hitting anyone else.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Mine has done this a couple times since owning it, no idea why it happens. Try to hold the Crown and the power off screen comes up but as soon as I touch the screen, it switches off.

In both my cases, and as you did, press and hold the Crown and Side Buttons until it powers off, then power back on.