Apple watch from eBay (authentic?)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by WindowsTraitor, Mar 7, 2016.

1. WindowsTraitor macrumors regular

I just got an apple watch from eBay. It was shipped from the US, but the information on the box is in Chinese. Also the brochure inside the box is in Chinese?

Could these be a fake? Are the original watches cheaper in China. (I do not think so). I guess if I bring it to the apple store they will just say: "oh you bought it on eBay you are SOL..."

The battery was completely dead. Usually apple products come charged.

2. 617aircav Suspended

All you have to do is enter the serial number on apples website.

3. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

I did, and it is showing up. But the picture of the watch has a different band on it. Not the one I got. Do they show always the same picture?

4. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

Any pictures of it? It could have been a Chinese version bought in China/HK/etc. If serial shows up fine, it should be fine.

5. tperry macrumors member

tperry

Both of mine (the SS SB that I was given and the Sport that I bought my wife) had to be charged when they came in.

6. Tavicu macrumors regular

Tavicu

7. nicho macrumors 68000

I think it's a generic picture yes.

What plug did you get in the box, out of interest?

8. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Most Chinese knockoffs actually have a real Apple serial number attached to them. If it is a knockoff, it won't sync with the app and even if it does the interface would be really laggy and slow
    --- Post Merged, Mar 8, 2016 ---
    Also, eBay has buyer protection, so if it is fake you will be safe

9. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

10. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

They're are obvious cosmetic looks that distinguishes fake and real. Check the back. If it has the ceramic back with stainless steel body with the Apple engraving with Apple logo, 316L Stainless Steel, 42MM/38MM. Also when you connect to your iPhone make sure you see the engraving on the screen when you pair. I could be just a 3rd party band shipped with the watch.

11. 617aircav Suspended

12. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502

You aren't going to get much help unless you show pictures. Also, try charging and connecting. If you have issues after that, then maybe we can help.

13. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

I bought my Watch Sport as an open box at Best Buy and it had a partial charge. Whoever took it home the first time, did not even take the plastic off of the charger puck, so I doubt the tried to charge it.

TxWatch

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It can still charge with the plastic on. In fact, there have been a couple of members who didn't notice the plastic and had been charging their AW with it on all along.

15. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

Good to know! My Watch was in perfect condition, so I was glad to get get it for $125 off. I have had it for almost 4 months and have had absolutely no issues from buying it "used".

TxWatch