Apple Watch has a diagnostic port

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ButteryScrollin, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

Apple Watch has a diagnostic port where the strap clicks on the watch:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/05/would-you-buy-a-smart-band-for-an-apple-watch/

2. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Makes sense that it has something that can be used to tether it to a computer for upgrades and such. Potential smart-bands in the future are a nice possibility.

3. Thanks pal macrumors member

Clever. I would never had thought of that but it makes sense to use every bit of space on the watch surface. Also a good way to protect the port.

4. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

So 9to5Mac says this port is only for employee watches and won't ship with the final product.

5. cleirac macrumors 6502

Yep.

6. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

It seems like a pretty complex component to be used in just a temporary design.

But maybe not.

7. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I guess we'll find out on Monday. I'm still of the belief there will be some surprises on Monday beyond just having developers on stage showing off apps.

8. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

It'd probably be more complex to secure such a port on a production watch against shorts caused by water or foreign debris, as well as just general wear and tear from users exchanging straps many times.

9. cleirac macrumors 6502

No pressure, Tim! If you are reading the board and really have no big pleasant surprises, you have plenty of time to cancel the event. Just reveal everything needed to be announced in the website and upload the promotional AW apps videos from the developers. That will be a fantastic, no wasting of TIME surprise! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.