Apple Watch has strange line

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by spikeyd, Jan 15, 2017.

1. spikeyd macrumors newbie

my watch that I've had for a year and a half has this strange red line. Is it time for a new watch?

2. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Have you taken it to an Apple store or called their support line? They could probably tell you how much an out-of-warranty service would cost. Get a written quote from them.

If you purchased the watch with a credit card that has extended warranty services, set up a claim with them. The steps for filing a claim differ for each credit card, but they should be able to tell you exactly what to do.

They might ask you for the service quote, or they might just refund you your entire purchase price for you to buy a new one.

That's what I would do.

3. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Do you have a pic of this red line?

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The redline the OP is referring to is likely something critical. I believe somebody else posted something similar around here on the Apple Watch threads, and it was a failure of some sort. He is likely looking at a replacement or having to have it replaced.

Credit card companies are getting wiser with warranty services. He has had the Apple Watch over a year and a half, most credit card companies are not going to touch that or work in a situation where the device is almost 2 years old.

And Apple, if they provide a quote, they don't have to put it in writing. They can just put that in the notes or the claim when you call them. I'm sure for a repair of what he's referring to, is likely well over $250.00, Which would be the price of the watch Or less. I would likely replace it versus having it repaired.