Apple Watch in Person

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Cayden, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

I have wanted an Apple Watch since they came out, but I have always been skeptical about how the OS would work and how comfortable it would be to wear. After going to the Apple Store I've had these feelings:

Apple Watch with Link Braclet (42 mm): This watch felt amazing. Very high quality with some nice (but not too much) weight behind it. With my arm down I hardly noticed it. The band was super comfortable and very easy to take on and off

Apple Watch Sport with Sport Band (42 mm): This felt nice, but not even close to as nice as the Apple Watch w/ Link. I think the $200 premium is worth every cent when upgrading to the Apple Watch.

Apple Watch with Leather Loop (42 mm): The leather loop was very soft and was hardly felt at all. The magnets were very strong and each section had a magnet to keep it all together, which was very nice.

Watch OS: The OS was very smooth. The force touch worked great and the digital crown felt very smooth, much different than I was expecting. Editing the watch faces and its complications were very easy and worked very well.

I'd also like to state that I seem to have quite small wrists, but the 42 mm looked perfect. As many of us have found out, the 38 mm is far smaller than it appears to be. My wrist is about 180 mm but the width is less than a credit card and it felt great.

2. Wildgift macrumors 6502

I agree that the 42 MM looks much better in person than it does in photographs. My wrists are not large, and I now regret my 38 MM decision, when I ordered at 12:02.

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

4. Wildgift macrumors 6502

5. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I have to agree. Played with one of the display watches today and thought "this is kind-of small and fiddly". Like a teeny-weeeny iPhone for leprechauns .:) Then the sales assistant told me it was the big (42mm) one. I was shocked.

The problem is there's too much info on the screen and I'm comparing it to my iPhone 6 as a baseline.

6. Wildgift macrumors 6502

My fault for second guessing my original decision.