Apple Watch Insights

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Phima256, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Phima256 macrumors regular

Since this is such a relatively new product, I've learned about and thought of a lot of things even over the last few weeks that might have changed my order, how I plan to interact with the watch, etc. I would love to hear your brief insights, what you learned or discovered, maybe from your try-on or from previously wearing watches, or how you might interact with it.

I know there have been a vast amount of insights shared over many posts, but this would be cool to add just brief, short insights that might help us use/choose their Watch better. Just a few initial insights from me:

1. Going with SS, not just because I think it looks better, but for practical reasons: I have active animals at home and often put my hands in my pockets, and both could scratch my watch on a daily basis. Sapphire adds that extra protection.

2. To me, how the Milanese Loop band is adjusted or connected to the face of the watch made a huge difference. If the bulky loop-over part (name?) is on the outside of my wrist, it looked horrible (how the Apple Store had it at my try-on) (see iMore picture with my annotation attached). Not a huge deal, but after the try-on, I went with the Link.

3. People have a WIDE spectrum of what they think looks great or feels great (I know, captain obvious). I LOVE the SS Link, thinks it looks amazing, others hate it.

Attached Files:

2. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

I've seen bad pictures with the loop on the outside too, and thought no way.
    Then at my try on, it was on the outside, and I liked it more. It didn't stick out like your picture shows. Plus, the main thing I liked, was the magnet end was on the inside. This looks better. The outside is showing all band.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

1. Good choice.
    2. I had to show the Apple rep at the store how to properly connect the Milanese loop (this is what I ordered with my SS)
    3. The link looks heavier than it is so it left a bad impression on me :|

4. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

Here's my try on. It looks great outside or inside.

Attached Files:

5. pflau macrumors 6502

Stainless steel scratches easily. Aluminum does not because of the anodized finish.