Apple Watch Instant Notification

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by xelways, May 8, 2015.

1. xelways macrumors newbie

Is it possible to send instant notifications to Apple Watch from iPhone app? The Apple Watch guide says "Apple Watch displays those notifications at appropriate times". So looks like there is no guarantee that the notification will be instant. I'm developing an iOS app that provides navigational notifications so those have to instant.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

The notifications are all instant, or as instant as they can be. It usually displays on my phone a few seconds before the watch. I can only think they mean "appropriate time" for location based notifications.

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

"appropriate times" means if the iPhone is unlocked and in use, notifications go there. Otherwise, they go to the Watch. Either way, they are instant. Just a matter of which device they appear on.

4. xelways thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for responding. So looks like I can't rely on assumption that notification will show up on Apple watch within certain timeframe (like a second) from when its triggered from iOS app running on iPhone.

5. Swiss-G macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

Your question would be more appropriate in this forum.

6. Rayban macrumors regular

Rayban

I've noticed that mail notifications are slightly delayed. i.e.: I see the notification on my computer then a minute later I still haven't gotten the notification on my watch so I look at it then it pops up that I have new mail. But I think if I wait longer it will automatically notify me.
    Messages and phone notifications are instant for me.

7. b18c195 macrumors newbie

Ive had the watch for about 3 days, I noticed the imessage, emails are delayed a little one time i counted about 15 second delay in email, not a huge issue but the delay is noticeable.

Hopefully Apple will fix this soon :)