Apple Watch integration with Strava?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mattdanielc, Sep 30, 2017.

1. mattdanielc macrumors member

Hi guys

I have a new Apple Watch - never had one before - upgraded from a Microsoft Band 2.

Is it possible to have a workout (for example a run) then sync on to Strava? I don't think it is from online searches but just want to double check. I had this on my Band 2 so a bit gutted to have lost this.

Also, is it possible when you're running to show different things? e.g. I'm not bothered about the screen showing my heart rate - can that be changed for something else?

2. gsucyclist macrumors regular

gsucyclist

You will have to choose a 3rd party app like Rungap if you want to sync to Strava from the built in Workout app. Alternately, you could use a 3rd party app to track your runs. I rarely ever use the built in workout app. It just doesn't show very much information, specifically lap avg pace, etc. You can customize it somewhat by going to the Watch app on the phone and clicking on Workout

3. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

Strava have an app for watchOS:

https://www.strava.com/apple-watch?hl=en-GB

I know cyclists weren't happy with it as the elevation was poorly recorded, but that should be fixed now in Series 3 as they've added a barometric altimeter.

4. mattdanielc thread starter macrumors member

Thanks - but if I use the strava app instead of the workout app does that mean the watch wouldn't record it on Activity etc?

Also would the strava app turn the GPS on like the workout app does?

5. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

It would on both.

6. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

James.K.Polk

I used the Apple Workouts app and RunGap to sync my run yesterday. It didn't sync automatically (though I *think* there's a way - I can't quite figure it out yet) but exporting and uploading the file took 2 seconds and worked perfectly.