Apple Watch: iPhone battery drain?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TheLondonFella, Apr 25, 2015.

1. TheLondonFella Suspended

TheLondonFella

I recently bought a pair of Bluetooth earbuds for my iPhone, which I love.

However, I've noticed that it does take its toll on my iPhone's battery.

Seeing as Apple Watch constantly requests information from one's iPhone, I'm wondering if you have noticed much of an impact on your iPhone's battery life?

Thanks in advance ...

2. bgj887 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 6 plus was at 80 percent when i picked up apple watch around 11am, after syncing and playing with the settings and apps on both by midnight the apple watch was on 37% and the phone was at 49%, usually i get 2-3 days out of phone depending on usage so i think now i'll max out at 2 days and as for the watch, ill be depending on it for step tracking so i want to avoid power reserve so i will charge that daily, I have the watch on 2/3 brightness and have all notifications pushed from my phone (until i figure out which ones i really don't want), i imagine it will get better once i get used to it and stop playing with it so much

3. TheLondonFella thread starter Suspended

TheLondonFella

Cheers, buddy.

Quite an impact on your iPhone's battery life, then?

Are you happy with your watch?

I cancelled my pre-order, which would have arrived yesterday.

Now thinking of placing a new order, but it won't be despatched until June :-(.

4. bgj887 macrumors newbie

yea its taking a hit but then again i usually don't play on my phone much during the day, only text, check email, browse the web a little and make a few phone calls so today I'm going to work I'm interested to see what battery will be later since i won't be playing with it much

5. TheLondonFella thread starter Suspended

TheLondonFella

For the record, Facebook is the biggest battery drain by far!