Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maddux4163

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
So my watch and phone seem to randomly send iMessages through my email and not my phone number. Why is that? I prefer it to send using my phone number

themikea

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2014
My girlfriends watch was doing this also, even though the send-from address was the phone number. I ended up having multiple iMessage conversations going with her. She ended up removing her iCloud email from iMessage on the iPhone. She doesn't use that email for messages anyway.

Couldn't find a way to change it specifically from the watch or the watch app itself.

Maddux4163

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
My girlfriends watch was doing this also, even though the send-from address was the phone number. I ended up having multiple iMessage conversations going with her. She nded up removing her iCloud email from iMessage on the iPhone. She doesn't use that email for messages anyway.

Couldn't find a way to change it specifically from the watch or the watch app itself.

How do I remove it?

themikea

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2014
How do I remove it?

On the iPhone:
Settings > Messages > Send & Receive

Make sure your phone number is checked under "Start new conversations from" and uncheck your email from "you can be reached by message at".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.