Apple watch is not syncing to Iphone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Travis Parker, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Travis Parker macrumors newbie

Travis Parker

Alright well I just bought my Apple Watch from someone off's craigslist it looks fine and everything, but the thing is I can't seem to get it to pair with my phone, I already unpaired the apple watch (reset everything) and I have an Iphone 6 but when I go to pair it and it asks for my itunes information, it rejects it and says something about it being on the other guys itunes account.

The bad thing is, they don't remember the itunes information.

Does anyone know how to fix this? or what I can do for me to pair my device?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It is 'locked' to the owners account. The original owner MUST remove it from their account before you can pair it.

The 'don't remember' their iTunes account sounds a lot like they may have acquired it nefariously.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

If the seller refuses to unlock it or return your money, you could offer to report it to Apple and the police as a likely stolen device. Maybe that would motivate him.

4. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

The seller may still have it on his iCloud account, too. He can remove it by going to his phone and going to Settings -> iCloud -> Account -> Devices (or something like that).