Apple Watch - it does NOT "..It Just Works"

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Dino F, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I am getting SICK AND TIRED of my poxy Apple Watch recently, its bloody useless...........
    :mad::mad:

Firstly, Bluetooth disconnections are STILL happening with mine - EVERY single day, at the same time EVERY morning, and weirdly, only at the same place - at my local train station?!?! Is it possible something at the station could be interfering with the bluetooth disconnection between my watch and iPhone?!? :confused::confused:

...and secondly, for the past couple of weeks, EVERY SINGLE time I get a text message on my watch and I reply from my watch, the message NEVER gets sent..!?!?!?! I keep getting a message back, after a minute or so, stating 'Message Not Delivered"?!?! :mad::mad:Its happening for EVERY single message I get on my watch?!?! And weirdly, when I then have to use my iPhone to send the message (because the watch fails to send it), this same message (once sent from the phone), still appears in the Messages app on the watch!??!

I initially thought this could be down to some weird iCloud username/password conflict between the watch and phone however this can't be the case otherwise the message wouldn't show on the watch - but it does!?!

Its like EVERY week, I am getting a different new issue with my watch?!?! it worked fine about a month ago and now, all of a sudden, I am getting these random unexplained problems with it?!:mad:

All my devices have the most up to date iOS and for the record, these issues were present BEFORE the recent update, and they are STILL present AFTER the updates...... Its enough to make STOP wanting to wear the watch anymore - it just doesn't seem to work properly........:mad:

The only thing I can do is perform a Reset and Restore from a Back Up (a pain but there is nothing else to try) to try and fix all my issue. if this doesn't rectify anything, it could be time to keep the watch in a drawer, to gather dust.........If it doesn't work as intended, no point in wearing it..........

2. Relentless Power, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Sorry to hear about your issues. But I can honestly say I'm not experiencing anything like That after the latest update.

Here is what I would try. I would try erase all content and settings, set up as NEW Apple Watch. Do NOT use restore from back up. Then, Powerdown your iPhone and Apple Watch, power back on and pair the Apple Watch. See if this makes a difference.

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Never have these issues but about text messaging, if it happens everything time then you should go to Apple Store and have them check.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I know well how you feel and after my update, no hours standing anymore and my phone now makes it regular notification sounds like I am not wearing an AW. On my second day and still not working. Back to Garmin for me.

5. Sunny1990, Apr 3, 2017

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Well that's a unfortunate incident, Glad i never owned one.try restore as a new that may fix it

6. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

@Sunnysunnysingh. You're "Glad" you don't own an Apple Watch and yet you know what to suggest to repair the issue to the OP?

And in previous Apple Watch threads, you commented how the Apple Watch is a "Gimmick" and a "Flop." My question is to you, if you're "Glad" you don't own an Apple Watch and it's a gimmick, what interest do you find in an Apple Watch forum?

7. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Well said!

8. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

...setting up as a NEW watch will mean I would have to set up all my apps, Apple Pay, watch faces, pics, and pretty much everything else, right from scratch - which will be a massive headache....

I'll first try the Restore from Backup option and see what happens.........

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have tried both ways, multiple times, and no luck for my hours standing or stopping my iPhone from notification sounds.

10. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

If you've got that much on your watch, that could be the problem. Takes less than a minute to choose a watch face, the apps are installed on your phone - so you only have to choose which ones you want on the watch, same with pictures and watch faces.

11. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68020

Dino F

Update......

Just spoke to Apple Support (via their Chat function) and we ran through some troubleshooting steps in this order:

1. Turn off iMessage
    2. Sign out of iCloud for iMessage
    3. Force restart Apple Watch whilst still being connected to my iPhone 7 via Bluetooth
    4. Wait for Apple Watch to turn back on and re-connect to iPhone
    5. Turn on iMessage
    6. Sign back into iCloud
    7. Send a new message to myself from the watch

This seemed to cure my issue as the message got sent straight away however, I was then receiving the message, twice - once from my icloud email address, and once from my mobile number. Apple Support then told me to check what was shown in the "Send & Receive" sections of iMessage on the phone, and low and behold, my mobile number AND email address were both ticked - hence the double incoming messages! When I then de-selected my icloud email address, and re-tested, the message only came through once!! :)

I also called my wife to send me text so that I could then reply to it from the watch, and my reply to her, then seemed to go through ok, so it seems my issue, has, for now, been fixed....!!!
    ;)

12. Sunny1990, Apr 3, 2017

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

First of all why are you referring to my previous posts that makes no sense in 2017.being i don't own apple watch doesn't mean i can't contribute to a apple watch thread :mad:.i have my opinion i like fat slab Apple watch.

13. Kyle76 macrumors regular

Kyle76

Good news, Dino. Hope it stays sorted out.

14. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

The only reason I recommended you set up as a new Apple Watch is sometimes restoring from back up can transfer over glitches from previous applications you were not aware of. Setting up as new may have inconvenienced you, but resolved the issue. Just for future reference, this could be an option.

Anyways, according to your latest post, it looks like your Watch is back On track. Hope it worked out for you.

15. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I think pretty much all of those things are preserved when you back up your watch to the phone and restore to the same watch after a reset or a new watch.

16. bradbomb macrumors regular

Apple Pay is never preserved in a backup on any device because that would make it vulnerable to someone extracting it from a backup.

17. vintagebob macrumors member

vintagebob

Hope you get it sorted! Mine works great!

18. TMRJIJ, Apr 3, 2017

TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

So you basically prove to everyone that you're kinda trolling right now. You don't have the product in question yet seem to enjoy unleashing hate on it. It would essentially be like me going on a Windows forum and talking about how terrible that OS is even though I don't regularly use it. And when the previous member called you out on your crap, you failed to give a straight answer (just selling the ever so ignorant 'I have a opinion')
    --- Post Merged, Apr 3, 2017 ---
    How much do you think you have to backup? I find that restoring sometimes brings back some issues as well.

19. RadioGaGa1984 macrumors 65816

RadioGaGa1984

Same here.

20. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Hey nothing wrong !! Just that user :rolleyes:. I was planning to get one but after reading this thread i was scared how that user was blasting on his faulty watch (even though i know he got his problem solved) that's why i wrote i am glad i didn't get one. i have nothing against Apple Watch, I am liking it and will get one soon (45 mm stainless steel model) which i like the most. Hey relentless Power now you may know why i am on apple watch thread.

21. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

good one :cool:

22. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Some of it is. I synced a brand new SBSS yesterday from a back up of my other watch and while I did have to set up my Visa card, it prompted me to do that as part of the restore.

I did say "pretty much all", not all. Apps will restore. Playlistst will restore. Face settings will restore.

23. Relentless Power, Apr 3, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

@Dino F wasn't blasting the Apple Watch. He was just sharing his frustrations with the technical issues. Users come on here and can appear upset, but are seeking Feed back on how to resolve the issue with their hardware. It doesn't mean he doesn't like the Watch, he just doesn't like the issues the Watch was experiencing. Fortunately he was able to primarily resolve the issue.

Just for clarification, since you're interested in the Apple Watch, there is no "45 MM" option in Stainless, it's only 38 MM or 42 MM to choose from.

24. Sunny1990, Apr 3, 2017

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Why did you edited my quote "I have against Apple Watch" are you fooling!!! Where did i write that, we'll thanks for clarification :- 42 MM, I think i am going to buy two 38 mm in stainless steel black and 42 MM in stainless steel.do you think this is a wise choice?? As you own 5 apple watches
    --- Post Merged, Apr 3, 2017 ---
    So you are trying to frustrate other forum members against me,hey @Dino F Bro i have nothing against you our your watch, I was just scared nothing more. Glad you got your problem solved. And @Relentless Power now why are you editing your post

25. bradbomb macrumors regular

It prompted you to do that because that card is probably stored for Apple Pay on your iPhone or is your primary card stored on your Apple ID for iTunes and App Store purchases. It would do that also with setting your Watch up as Brand New and not a restore