Apple Watch just rendered all AW stands useless

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Aluminum213, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

thinking about returning my watch stand now because nightstand mode is only with the watch on its side

2. SuppaiRingo macrumors newbie

3. easheer macrumors regular

easheer

Griffin watch stand supports a landscape orientation as well.

4. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

6. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

And my the only one that puts their watch on the stand without the bands?

7. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

work:Oyu Tolgio, Home:LOS, From Scotland G15
    I’m keeping mime and you should keep yours, this side-Landscape is stupid, and it needs to have an option to rotate it
    i still can't believe Apple expects user to simply leave the watch on a desk whilst charging.

8. soya macrumors 6502

soya

9. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Heh. For those that actually want to use their watch as an alarm clock I guess. :) Believe it or not, but not everyone was uber-impressed with that functionality.

I only might when I travel - and my Spigen charging stand will be at home. :)

After the home kit demonstration, I see they have blinds available that work with home kit, so I'm thinking opening of blinds and playing of music would be a better way to wake up. :)

10. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Is that an Edition charging box?

11. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

How the hell does it render all AW stands useless? They still dock the Watch, they still charge the watch... useless? no.

12. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I don't know if they actually knew, but their stand was certainly one of the simplest and most stable (good things in my book)

Some of the others, holding the watch up high, with its face in the correct orientation seemed somewhat pointless and liable to topple over. It's not like an iPhone on your desk during the day, where the screen is turning on constantly as notifications display. It's a watch, silently charging overnight in do not disturb mode. And you're fast asleep.

13. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I think you might be.

You can be bothered to fiddle with bands every night and morning? I just collapse into bed.

14. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Nightstand mode sounds great but I don't have my watch next to my bed, it charges on a stand in my office and will continue to do so. A nice feature, just not one I will use.

15. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

I use an alarm clock on my phone each night, so I won't bother with my watch in that orientation. I'll continue to use my stand.

16. Glene macrumors 6502

Useless?

Nah....slip the band off and the spigen works nicely:
    [​IMG]

17. Aluminum213 thread starter macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Taking the band off every night is a terrible solution

18. Glene macrumors 6502

Nobody said it was a solution… But it certainly doesn't make a current Stand "useless"

19. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Nope just the normal SS box.

20. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

You could've said yes and we all would've gasped! :D

Joking aside, the Edition box with its stand-up charging disc is perfect for this.

21. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

Push the charger into the spigen dock a little bit, so there's a couple of mm between the edge and hte charger. That allows for the curved surface of the back of the apple watch case to sit into that groove and stand on its own, even if put sideways.

22. clint-bell macrumors regular

I don't think this is that big of an issue. I'm sure a lot of people will use this feature, but I won't. As a alarm clock the watch is terrible. I always use the alarm clock on my phone, it's much louder. Also having it on a stand and trying to press the crown, isn't that going to be a problem? You need quite a bit of force to fully press it. So with it just being held by a magnetic. 99% sure you're just going to send your watch tumbling to the ground!

23. linhromrom macrumors member

Apple demos it as landscape but there is no where it states thats the only Mode, im sure portrait is just an option you can select, if not now, an update away. they shows it in landscape so you can use it without a stand.