Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Starting today, Apple customers in Malaysia are now able to purchase the Apple Watch, which launched in the country this morning. All models of the Apple Watch, including the Apple Watch Sport, stainless Steel Apple Watch, and Apple Watch Edition are available.

Pricing for the Apple Watch Sport starts at RM 1,599, while pricing for the stainless steel Apple Watch starts at RM 2,499. The Apple Watch Edition is available at prices that start at RM 47,000.

applewatchmalaysia.jpg

Apple's limited edition (PRODUCT)RED Apple Watch Sport models introduced for the Chinese New Year are also available in Malaysia. Exclusive models include the silver and gold Apple Watch Sport, which ship with a (PRODUCT)RED Sport Band with matching hardware.

The Apple Watch originally launched on April 24 in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, the UK, and the United States, but availability has since expanded to more than 30 countries. Apple has plans to continue expanding Apple Watch availability in 2016, with the next launch coming on January 29 to Portugal, Hungary, and the Czech Republic.

Article Link: Apple Watch Launches in Malaysia, Coming to Portugal, Hungary and Czech Republic on January 29

Reactions: appledefenceforce

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
This makes me think we won't get a new Apple Watch any time soon but I could be wrong.

Mr. Donahue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Hmm... Maybe I should just buy an Apple Watch now. I really want one but I figured I'd wait since I heard they might announce and release one in March/April.

Maybe not..?
Ugh... I hate waiting but hey, you want one marshmallow now or two later?

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
This makes me think we won't get a new Apple Watch any time soon but I could be wrong.
Remember when Apple introduced the white iPhone 4? Came in super late, but that didn't change their pace with the 4s.

Regarding the rose gold and red Watch, that's a pretty decent color combination I have to say.
Usually I think rose gold looks meh, but combined with that red band it looks pretty fly.

Of course the Watch is still a little thick for my liking, but that's not color-specific. :)

Glassed Silver:mac

ummario

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
Finally!!!! Does it mean we will have Siri in Portuguese (european) this time???

swm

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2013
just checked the hungarian apple subsite, hungary is also included in the jan. 29 watch launch.
the 38mm sport version will cost 462 USD incl VAT here :-O (136000 HUF)

windywalks

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2004
just checked the hungarian apple subsite, hungary is also included in the jan. 29 watch launch.
the 38mm sport version will cost 462 USD incl VAT here :-O (136000 HUF)

It's the same ludicrous price the whole EU gets :/

Phoenixx

Suspended
Jul 3, 2015
Hmmm, so does that mean that the amount of time between the launch of Apple Watch and Apple Watch 2 is only going to be a few months in these countries?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.