Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Brazilian and Colombian websites have been updated to note that the Apple Watch will be launching in those countries on Friday, October 16.

applewatchbrazil-800x538.jpg

The October 16th launch of the Apple Watch in Brazil and Colombia will mark the seventh Apple Watch launch wave. The sixth launch wave will take place next Friday, with the Apple Watch expanding to Belgium, Finland, Norway, Luxembourg and Poland.

April 24: Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, U.K. and U.S.
June 26: Italy, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, and Taiwan
July 17: The Netherlands, Sweden, and Thailand
July 31: New Zealand, Russia, and Turkey
September 25: Austria, Denmark, and Ireland
October 9: Belgium, Finland, Norway, Luxembourg, and Poland
October 16: Brazil and Colombia
In Brazil, pricing for the Apple Watch Sport will start at 2.899,00 reals for the 38mm model, which is equivalent to approximately $733.70. Apple Watch prices in Colombia are not yet available on the website.

(Thanks, Lucas!)

Article Link: Apple Watch Launching in Brazil and Colombia on October 16

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
in Bulgaria we will skip Apple Watch and jump straight on Apple Watch II. isn't that awesome ?

You might want to wait a little longer than V2 if the first one is ANYTHING to go by.
Feel privileged - you're not missing anything at all, its an ugly baby.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

manincognito

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
You might want to wait a little longer than V2 if the first one is ANYTHING to go by.

Says you, I & many others happen to strongly disagree, it's a far nicer watch then a lot of these garish, tacky looking 'luxury' watches others seem to get so excited about...

Reactions: racerhomie

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
As you say, "says you.."
AW is very tacky and garish - but that's not it's main problem. It simply is lacking a purpose and something to make people buy it.

Each to their own, :D

manincognito

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
As you say, "says you.."
AW is very tacky and garish - but that's not it's main problem. It simply is lacking a purpose and something to make people buy it.

It's definitely an "each to their own" product, certainly not lacking purpose to those that have bought it & continue to enjoy it, I say let those people continue to do so & move on hey...

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
omg those prices. i assume its due to some strict government controlled tax on foreign goods if some sort? I'm

Karma*Police

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2012

Admittedly the sport doesn't look that impressive, but the SS and its mirror finish is a thing of beauty. I've gotten more compliments on my Apple Watch than all my traditional watches combined.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Beauty is definitely in the eyes of the beholder. To me it looks very nice, and future generations will no doubt slim it down a bit, but added functionality and more stand-alone Apps is what will make me take the plunge.

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
As you say, "says you.."

This is a person who would also say, "it just a phone " when It comes to the thousands of things you can do with a phone! The Watch is Very useful for me as I work out everyday ! Travel the world and find it indispensable! With all the smart watches coming out, I'd rather put my money on a product a billion dollar comp backs! That means they have put some serious years and R&D before it came out and continue to do the same to make sure it successful! Just research how many(USA) medical Hospitals and Dr. Are embracing the technology! Oh, but their drinking the Apple punch???? Doubt it! Buy what you want, gets the results you pay for!! Oh yea, the best heart rate sensors on the market and this is the first Gen watch !!!!??

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
If Apple have some put "serious years and R&D before it came out" into the watch id say it's an even bigger failure.
It's a me too product, thats been rushed through and not thought though fully.

In terms of the phone, the phone negates the need for the watch, the watch is pretty much useless or handicapped without it and theres the issue - i might as well just use the phone...!

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
If Apple have some put "serious years and R&D before it came out" into the watch id say it's an even bigger failure.

In terms of the phone, the phone negates the need for the watch, the watch is pretty much useless or handicapped without it and theres the issue - i might as well just use the phone...!

Good Luck with all that. I have a 6s Plus and I can leave the phone at home and run with the watch and Bluetooth headphones.

I don't need a phone tethered to myself all the time. But with Apple Watch I don't need iPhone for music.

Considering Apple Watch outsold the collective android wear stable there are no worries.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005

This is what I thought at first, then I bought one, now I cannot leave home without it. In 5 weeks it became as essential as my phone. I don't take my phone out to change my music, to check time, to look at sms or whatsapp or the weather. I'm not even mentioning the stuff the phone cannot do like measuring my heartrate. To a fitness nut like me who likes to walk a lot, constantly keeping tabs on your heartrate and pace is just incredible. Also it looks absolutely beautiful.

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
Admittedly the sport doesn't look that impressive, but the SS and its mirror finish is a thing of beauty. I've gotten more compliments on my Apple Watch than all my traditional watches combined.

'Compliments' for a watch that you bought at the store.
'Compiments' for a product produced in the millions, that you had nothing to do with creating.
'Compliments' for a product that will be outdated in little more than a year.

Oy vay, our ancestors would roll over in their graves if they could see the shallow, consumerist attitude that has pervaded modern culture.

manincognito

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
'Compliments' for something that you had nothing to do with creating.
'Compiments' for a product produced in the millions.

Oy vay, our ancestors would roll over in their graves if they could see the shallow, consumerist attitude that has pervaded modern culture.

Well you sound like a real fun person to be around don't you...

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
Well you sound like a real fun person to be around don't you...

Dude, it's just a little reality check. People get compliments for things THEY actually contributed to, whether it's helping organize a bike ride to fight breast cancer, or simply a well prepared meal. With the Apple watch, you drove to the mall, and spent $500 on a mass produced consumer product. So you deserve a compliment? What the heck?

By the way, do I get a compliment for the samsung SSD I bought last week?

Last edited:

DaveTheRave

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
As you say, "says you.."

Agreed. In general watches were not fundamentally broken or in need of a revamp, the way phones were back in the day of ugly Treo's and Blackberries.

Yes, fitness trackers are all the rage but what Apple came up with still seems like a solution for a problem no one had. Watches have sentimental value. I still wear a 20 year old Seiko because I like the style and it was a gift from my parents. People don't get sentimental about technology the same way.

Remember when then RIM came out with the Playbook tablet? Everyone crapped on it because you couldn't even do email if it wasn't in the same room as your Blackberry. But now it's okay if the Watch is crippled in the same way. No thanks.

I think the Watch is a vanity project for Jony Ive who has stated that he wanted to do a luxury product and Tim Cook who doeant know any better and is under great pressure to find the Next Big Thing.

The price of the watch needs to drop and battery life needs to be more than a day or two for this thing to rally take off. That's going to take awhile.

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005

I was thinking the same thing.. I was hoping added functionality would come V2 to entice me, but now I'm thinking either V3 and going with an android compatible when they are out to test

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
I think the Watch is a vanity project for Jony Ive who has stated that he wanted to do a luxury product and Tim Cook who doeant know any better and is under great pressure to find the Next Big Thing.

The price of the watch needs to drop and battery life needs to be more than a day or two for this thing to rally take off. That's going to take awhile.

Tim is definitely out of his depth.. I wish he was more like Elon

Karma*Police

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2012
'Compiments' for a product produced in the millions, that you had nothing to do with creating.

You writing this from your cave Mr. Anti-everything-ultra-cynic?

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
You writing this from your cave Mr. Anti-everything-ultra-cynic?

Nope. Just trying to give you a little perspective. I'm sure there's plenty of things you've done and accomplished that you can feel proud about - many of us do. But to feel proud of a mass produced consumer product that you went to the mall and bought, that's just silly.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2012
Nope. Just trying to give you a little perspective. I'm sure there's plenty of things you've done and accomplished that you can feel proud about - many of us do. But to feel proud of a mass produced consumer product that you went to the mall and bought, that's just silly.

What's silly is your lack of reading comprehension and making ignorant comments online. I never said or even implied I was proud. Getting compliments shows that others think Apple Watch is beautiful too, contrary to the comment the poster made about it being ugly.

And even if I were a proud owner of a mass produced product, how is that in any way silly? What, in your mind, is worthy of something that someone can be proud of?

If someone works hard and purchases a mass produced car (whether it's a Kia or a Porsche), they're not entitled to feel proud? What about new parents? Are they not entitled to feel proud because making babies is so easy even teens and people in 3rd world countries can do it?

I think the person who needs perspective is you. The fact that you think you're somehow smart enough, righteous enough and wise enough to judge others on what they should or shouldn't be proud of is extremely warped.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Actually they don't need any of this for the watch to take off. It just needs more functionality, that's it. The battery life is plenty, I never have less than 30% at the end of the day, and in the morning it's charged again anyway. And the price for the entry model, even though a bit high like all Apple products, is not much more than the competition like Microsoft Band or Surge.

What the watch needs is more health and fitness tracking feature, which will arrive in the future when the tech is ready.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.