Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Ugh. I really don't want to. I'm going to put up with it for a while. I'm blaming my own inability to close it properly. I mean, it does lock closed. But not every time. It's best if I squeeze it between my thumb and finger, rather than just pushing it against my wrist.

Pinching it between my thumb and finger was the only way I could get one side to click and lock on mine. Once it clicked it never came back open. Not sure of it will get better or worst after some time as I returned my SB for SS with leather loop. Liking it very much as it is very adjustable.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
I feel it's getting worse on my watch.

I cannot believe Apple ships a $500 band to multiple customers in this condition. It's disappointing in the watch and Apple. I sure didn't want to return this as I think the Space Black looks fantastic and mine was cosmetically perfect (rare with Apple), but I suppose there is no choice.
Give me a break. This is actually the first time I've even heard of this and I've been following the Space Black watch on these forums since day one. I've spent tons of time hanging out in the SS link threads and Space Black threads and have never heard a complaint before. Mine works perfectly as I'm sure 99.99 percent of others do as well. There were obviously a few bands that slipped through QC with defects. No matter how good your QC is, it's going to happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.