Apple Watch locked alarm?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Solver, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Solver macrumors 6502a

I’d like to see a warning alarm that rings, after say one minute, if the Apple Watch still remains locked after placing on wrist, as set by the user. At least Apple should make the blue lock icon slightly larger.
    I some times forget to unlock the watch and permently lose health data.

What do you say?

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

That is a good idea. You should contact Apple about your suggestion.

3. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Strange since unlocking is just part of putting on. How do you remember to put it on???? Just come up with habit. Like always checking your email on your iPhone after putting on your Apple Watch (or some other reason to open your iPhone).

4. Solver, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018

Solver thread starter macrumors 6502a

The problem for me is that sometimes the unlocking keypad comes on and sometimes it does not. When it does, I type in the unlock code.

5. ectospheno macrumors regular

Even if it doesn’t, touching the screen at all brings it up.

Also, how does the lock icon not drive you crazy? It is in the same spot as the notification icon. You notice it instantly because it is where the notification dot should be.

6. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

Excellent idea, happens to me every time. Luckily im using a fitbit for my workout results

7. Nell macrumors 6502a

Nell

I occasionally realise I’ve put my watch on and not unlocked; it’s never been hours and hours but it has been maybe one hour. It’s not something that bothers me enough to actively want an alarm but I can see that it could be handy at times.

8. mk313 macrumors 6502a

I’m curious as to what health dat
    What health data are you losing? I thought the watch records your health data any time it's on your wrist? I put mine on early in the morning & I can see it reading my heart rate because of the green light in the dark, even when it hasn't been unlocked yet.

9. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

Do you have unlock with phone enabled? Using your phone at all will then unlock the Watch (assuming you are also using wrist detection.) With iPhone X, you can just look at the phone while it is awake and both will unlock.

10. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

If your watch is on your wrist and you unlock your phone your watch is also unlocked and remains unlocked until you remove it from your wrist.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 11, 2018 ---
    Wrist detection is on by default.
    Can anyone share why they have turned off wrist detection?

11. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

I assumed OP had it on, as it's inferred by part of his question, but wanted to make it clear it is needed for the iPhone unlock behavior.

12. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

I don’t understand how long in theory it will stay locked if it is tied to your iPhone. If you unlock the iPhone while wearing the watch it will unlock the watch too, so I rarely, if ever have to actually type passcode on the small screen.