Apple Watch losing Bluetooth connectivity every day

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ahwman, Sep 29, 2015.

1. ahwman macrumors member

Approdimately 6-8 weeks ago, I noticed that my Apple Watch was losing connectivity to my iPhone 6 every day or so and would require toggling Bluetooth off/on on my iPhone. I assumed that it might be a hardware problem with my iPhone since I was also having issues connecting to other Bluetooth devices when this issue occurred. I decided to wait since I was upgrading to a 6s. Well, now I have my shiny brand new 6s and the same issue is occurring where I'm losing connectivity between my watch and iPhone. After restoring my iPhone from a backup I did an "Erase all settings" just to be sure I didn't bring over any issues from before.

Is anyone else having this issue?

2. Mr. Zarniwoop macrumors demi-god

Mr. Zarniwoop

I was having a nearly identical issue. My watch kept connecting Wi-Fi but not to my iPhone. Unlocking my iPhone would not unlock my watch. Selecting the Apple Watch on the Bluetooth menu of my iPhone would not connect.

I turned off both my watch and my iPhone, and then turned them back on. Everything seemed to work again just fine.

3. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

Does this have to do anything with your Car blue tooth or iPad? I found that this happens some times when I am in the car. I have an Acura MDX Advance. Today I never used my car, had no problems. Just musing.