Apple Watch lost 70% in 1 night

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Tumblrmeme, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Tumblrmeme macrumors newbie

Help! I charged my apple watch before i went to sleep and took it off the charger when it was at 100%. I woke up after 7 hours and checked the battery life and it was at 30%! The usage stats on the apple watch app shows that it was used for 7 hours during the night! What happened and how can i fix this?

Attached Files:

2. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Try to hold both buttona to restart the watch. A computer reset is always the first thing you try in this kind of abnormal case.

3. Tumblrmeme thread starter macrumors newbie

I think this fixed it. The standby stats are now increasing while the usage stats remain the same.

4. evalea macrumors newbie

I noticed my watch used way more battery when I took it off to swim for a few hours and left it laying on a table than when I wore it all day. It reminds me of how the phone depletes faster when searching for a signal if you are out of range. Perhaps its searching for a wrist.

I'm planning on either leaving it on the charger if I'm not wearing it, or turning it off.

5. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Possible, if you turn all the activity / health tracking function on, the watch may actually trying to read those info from your wrist, but since fall to read, so keep trying and trying again....

I always leave my watch on the charger when I am not wearing it. So never have this problem. May be the watch is smart enough to know that it can't be on my wrist when charging. Or simply there is virtually unlimited power for the watch to waste. But if you don't want to do that, switch to power saving mode may be a good choice as well. At least it still work like a normal watch.