Apple watch lost (not stolen)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chrisandersen, Apr 16, 2016.

1. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

It is still showing the battery life on my iPhone, so I know it's within 10 m of my phone, but we can't seem to find my watch anywhere. Is there not a "Find my watch" app or someway to ping it from the phone?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you phone see the watch by showing battery level, try walking away until you loose the signal and then walk back from different directions to see when the signal returns. Not perfect but worth a try.

3. testcard, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016

testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Call your number from a landline and the Watch should ring.
    Edit: Forget that. It won't ring if it's not on your wrist.

4. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

[​IMG]

Looks like you can mess with the alert volume from the phone watch app and it will make an audible ping. Walk around changing the alert volume until you find it. Best of luck

5. BarracksSi, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016

BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

^^^^ What StarkCity posted works. Mine doesn't go "ping", but more like "click" (coincidentally enough, it sounds like a single 'tic' from a Geiger counter). The watch also made noise whether I switched Silent Mode on or off via the app, even though my watch is set to silent mode.

(adding on) This trick looks easy enough to add as another option in a future version of the iPhone app. The drawback is, there's no way to give the AW's location any more precisely than "within BT range" because the AW contains no GPS or LTE chips of its own. Maybe it can be pinged if it's on a known Wifi network, but the overall capability of a "Find My Apple Watch" button is still limited compared to Find My iPhone. Such a function would need a disclaimer.

6. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

So, out of curiosity, did OP ever find the watch? Inquiring minds want to know...