Apple Watch Magnetic Charger to USB-C Cable Now Available in Longer 1M Size

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 10, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today began selling its Apple Watch magnetic charger to USB-C charging cable in a longer one-meter size.

[​IMG]

The new one-meter option retails for $29 on Apple's online store and complements the existing 0.3-meter size, which remains available for $29 as well. And, of course, there is the original USB-A version.

This cable allows the Apple Watch to be charged with a USB-C wall charger or Macs with USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 ports.

Article Link: Apple Watch Magnetic Charger to USB-C Cable Now Available in Longer 1M Size

2. whyamihere macrumors 6502

whyamihere

I only need 0.3m. I'll just buy the 1m for the same price and trim off and sell the 0.7m I don't need and make some extra cash! :cool:

3. AussieAdam26 macrumors newbie

Does the USB-C cable charge faster? Or same as USB-A?

4. jezbd1997 macrumors 6502

jezbd1997

It will be the same, I'd say I never have an issue with the charging speed with my watch it's extremely quick

5. Someyoungguy macrumors 6502

Still no Qi support? I remember they promised that for Series 3.

6. macduke macrumors G4

macduke

I think you and I are from the same universe that somehow merged with this universe because I can never find anything on that anywhere and it's like it didn't happen.

7. PickUrPoison Suspended

I don’t remember that. They did say it would charge on the AirPower but we know how that turned out (so far anyway).

8. ipedro macrumors 601

ipedro

I don’t remember them promising that, though I did expect it to come, now that AirPower has been cancelled and Apple has to rely on vanilla Qi instead of their augmented version that would charge the Watch.

Either AirPower does end up getting shipped after being reworked or AppleWatch Series 6 next year will be standard Qi.

9. whoknows2597 macrumors member

whoknows2597

I’m pretty sure all Apple watches charge via proprietary charge. It may be one reason as to why AirPower was cancelled, but who knows.