Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
I'm a bit surprised no one noticed Apple released a new much shorter charging cable for the Apple Watch!!!

Earlier this year Apple released the Apple watch with 2m long charging cables and they had a separate releases for 2m and 1m cables...

But now they have a new option which is much shorter ...(0.3m)

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...be50b8871322937cdd941490c8139189723962bc2befb

Am i the only one who noticed this?!

Reactions: CarlJ and broadbean

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
It came at the same time as all the new watch stuff after the keynote.

It's funny, last week my parter said "you know I really wish they made a tiny cable for the bedside table".

And they go and do it! Haha

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
It came at the same time as all the new watch stuff after the keynote.

It's funny, last week my parter said "you know I really wish they made a tiny cable for the bedside table".

And they go and do it! Haha

Yup and very cool for travelling too.......

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
I didn't notice as it was exactly the same price as the 1m! Maybe if I feel rich I'll get one for the car...

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Darn you Apple! Same price for the 1 meter cable as the .5 meter cable! The .5 cable would be a great addition to my EDC bag, but the 1 meter would be better as a travel cable at times...

soya

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
Waiting for third-party charging cables.. Prices should drop significantly over time cf Lightning cables now

tmanXX

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2015
Sac
I purchased a SS Watch 2 weeks ago and just exchanged it for a Sport. The charger with the SS version was metal on one side, white plastic on the other. The one with my Sport I just got, is white plastic on both sides...
Not sure if this is different because of the 2 levels of the watch or because of an update done after the release of new merchandise.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
I purchased a SS Watch 2 weeks ago and just exchanged it for a Sport. The charger with the SS version was metal on one side, white plastic on the other. The one with my Sport I just got, is white plastic on both sides...
Not sure if this is different because of the 2 levels of the watch or because of an update done after the release of new merchandise.
Since day one the Sport has had a plastic charger (not sold separately) and the SS has had a SS charger.

expensiveapples

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2015
good shout i will end up buying the shorter cable

its strange they should have always had longer iphone cables as they would be useful as you can use your phone whiles its on charge

but these super long cables were super pointless. I would seriously suggest anyone use a Orzly nightstand from amazon to compliment there cable, if you look at vidoes on youtube you will understand how useful they are

tomekosiowy

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2013
Poland
Shorter charging cord === your battery better life (and sometimes a little faster charging time). 0.3m cord is not a stupid option.

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
Thanks for refreshing this thread

I purchased this a while ago and i don't understand why Apple chose the 0.3m size instead of the Lightening cable size 0.5m.

I really hope they make a 0.5m size for travelling, this 0.3 size is very short, the 1m and 2m are too much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.