Apple Watch Maps Glance Alway Showing Direction Home?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jaeb0922, Apr 25, 2015.

1. jaeb0922 macrumors 6502

jaeb0922

I always have the glance map on my watch showing a direction to my home. Am I the only one with this issue? Is there a way to disable this found if so?

2. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I think it's a feature, not an issue. If you need directions to somewhere else, use the Maps app. "Glances" by design is a quick piece of useful information.

If you're wondering about your commute, use Glances. If you need an actual Maps app, use Maps.

3. tgara, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015

tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

My watch is doing the same thing when I switch to the Maps glance. However, I don't think this is the way it is supposed to work. According to the User Manual,

and

From this, I take it to mean that if you switch to the Maps glance, the map that is shown shows your location, not a route. Routes and directions are shown in the full Maps app on the watch, not the Glance. But when the OP and I ask for the glance, we get a route home. On mine, it shows my location briefly, then switches to a route home.

I think it's a bug.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's mirroring the iPhone's Frequent Locations so it's actually a feature rather than a bug. If it's bothering you, you can turn it off.

5. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Thanks. How does one do that?

6. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

I just checked mine and it's showing how I get to the restaurant I go to every Wednesday night :eek:

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

In iPhone, Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations to off.

8. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Thanks, much appreciated!

I wish the manual was more clear about this. All I want in a Glance is my location. If I want a route, I will fire up the Maps app.

9. melman101 macrumors 68030

BTW, that will turn off other stuff, like your Notification Center widget telling you how long it will take to get home on your iPhone, etc.

10. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Thanks, understood. I had the notification widget off, and never used that feature anyway.