Apple watch messages delayed/not found?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dictoresno, Jun 6, 2015.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

When getting iMessages from some contacts, they take 30 seconds to appear on the watch. then, when i go to the message to reply from the notification, it errors out saying there is no message when there clearly is. i find some messages don't sync between the phone and watch. am i doing something wrong? already repaired and restored from backup.

2. Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Ok well I toggled it on and off so let's see what happens. My main issue was receiving messages on a 30 second delay. On another note, is the screen supposed to light up on a new message or just vibe? Mine doesn't seem to light up.

4. mcarbl macrumors member

I'm getting it the other way round tbh.

iMessages are coming through to my watch about 30-40seconds before they show up in the conversations on my phone.

5. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

6. Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

Your watch should vibrate and ping (if you have sound on.) It should only light up when you turn your wrist to view the notification (if you have activate on wrist raise enabled.)

7. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

Gotcha that's what I figured. I turned wrist raise off

8. Jack426, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015

Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

From what I understand, you should first get the message to the last device you used. If your watch is unlocked and on your wrist, it should receive the message. Otherwise, your last used device will get the notification.

Also, right now, only one device will ping/vibrate for notifications. The only time your watch and phone will notify you by both ringing and vibrating, is when your getting a call.

9. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

The notifications are still delayed like 15 seconds from the time my phone gets it to the time it's pushed to the watch. Normal?

10. Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

It's hard for me to say, maybe someone else can weigh in on the situation...

In the meantime, is your phone still alerting you (ringing/vibrating) and your watch following it up by pinging/vibrating? If so, then I don't think it's normal.

11. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

i turned off the notifications and back on again on my phone. now they are working as they should. when my phone is locked and im wearing the watch, only the watch gets the notifications and the phone doesnt ring/vibrate.

12. Jack426, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015

Jack426 macrumors regular

Jack426

Great! It sounds like you've got it working the way it should! :D

Edit: If it continues (and it most likely will) to happen, there was another fix listed in the thread I posted above. They were told by Apple Support to switch Messages in their Watch app from "Mirror my iPhone" to "Custom" and back again. Obviously, these are only short term fixes, until Apple releases a patch in a future update.

13. papbot macrumors 6502

As Jack426 stated this will have to be fixed by a software update. But for now turning off and then on works. I normally just have to go to the phone's Settings/Notifications/Messages to toggle that off and on. Also sometimes just restarting the phone fixes a lot of issues.

I saw one issue yesterday when the temperature reading that I have set to display on my time face was only showing a blank line. The weather app loaded properly but that display on the time face remained blank. I restarted my phone and it popped right in. So many people are un-pairing the watch over these issues but that's a major step when there is usually a phone based simple solution. I've also gotten into the habit of restarting both my phone and watch every couple of days just in case. The messages glitch though is something that continues to pop back up. But toggling that setting is far, far simpler than un-pairing the watch.