Apple Watch - Mix and Match Galleries

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TheralSadurns, Dec 21, 2014.

1. TheralSadurns, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014

TheralSadurns macrumors 6502

Update 2:
    my original website can be found here:

Our dear friend jafingi created his own (and WAY! better) version which can be found here:
    Apple Watch - Mix & Match

Hi.

Apple Watch consists of numerous SKUs all of which can be looked at at Apple.com. As you will, however, be able to buy every watchband separately too, I was curious how various different combinations might look like.
    I in particular will only be able to afford a Sport Collection Apple Watch, but may very well be interested in buying another watchband in the future. Sadly there are no galleries to be found online that showcase all possible variants, which is why I chose to create one such website myself.
    The page, as is, is a work-in-progress, as I have not yet listed EVERY single Apple Watch combination. It may, however, already be interesting for you guys, which is why I share it with you now.

Enjoy checking out the various options and have a Merry Christmas everyone.

Update:
    The page has been updated and now lists the following combinations:

Sports Band White
    Sports Band Black
    Link Bracelet
    Space Black Link Bracelet
    Milanese Loop
    Leather Loop Stone [new]
    Leather Loop Bright Blue [new]
    Leather Loop Brown [new]

All watch bands are combined with the silver and space gray aluminum bodies, as well as the stainless steel and space black stainless steel bodies. The gold body options have been removed for the time being, but may subsequently be added for all watchbands.

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Nice work, but may I suggest a easier for you and for the viewer concept.

Just photoshop (PNG with transparency) the watch bodies with their 4 different coloured metals.

Aluminium
    Chrome
    Black Chrome?
    Yellow Gold
    Rose Gold

Then Photo's of each strap.

Just have 2 lists to select from (which body, which strap) and show that combination.

No point in making hundreds of separate images then for each combination

3. TheralSadurns thread starter macrumors 6502

hi.

Thanks for your suggestion. What you said is actually how I do it within Photoshop. My website-building knowledge is sadly basically non-existent. Otherwise I would have done it EXACTLY like you suggested.
    I was only using iWeb (yes, some people still use that :D) and it does not, afaik, offer anything remotely like that.

So, ya... the site is rather crappy... but it's the best I can do :/

4. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Ahh, yes I see.

Perhaps someone else here, if you have all the images already done.

Could quickly code the web page part for you to allow the viewer to simply select from the 2 lists, and see one image of the two images (strap and body) combined.

I'm sure there are many here, clever with web sites, that would do this if you could supply them with the images.

Something we'd all like to play with once done :)

And keep up the great work :)

5. TheralSadurns thread starter macrumors 6502

The page has been updated and now includes the Leather Loop options as well. See my first post for more details.

6. MarcoCapa macrumors regular

I love your work! You are great!!!!
    I asked for this some times ago and now I can check the best combination! Thank you!
    P.S. Do you use photoshop or something else?
    I wish you a merry cristhmas to you too

7. TheralSadurns thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your comment and appreciation.

I was asking for something like this myself, and was surprised nobody ever did it. I do use Photoshop, although I have almost no PS-knowledge.
    It does work fairly easily though as Apple's PR images all have the watch in the exact same position. So what I did is cut the watch out from the front once, and once from the side and then save the shape so I could re-use it. Now all I do is open the picture with the right band, and paste the watch body into it. Still a bit of work... but not as bad as it may seem.
    Merry Christmas to you, too.

8. MarcoCapa macrumors regular

Thank you for the explanations! When I have some times with the university I will try with Lightroom myself.... Maybe with the one that are missing now ;)

9. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Just had a few minutes before the guests arrived for Christmas, so took the liberty to throw something together quickly.

You first choose between the 5 watches, and then the strap. Finally you can see them together.

http://veronte.com/watchmix/

10. TheralSadurns thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha. Thanks a lot!
    This is how it is done if you know what you are doing. Not like me :D
    This is also more like I wanted to do it.
    n1 and gj!

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Nice work. Some of the combos look off and don't coordinate that nicely, hence why Apple made the choices they made.

12. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Good work!

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Some suggestions for improvement. It's difficult to tell what Watch face we're looking at when viewed head on. I'd suggest including the side views next to them (or listing the metal name/color).

14. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Great idea! I have added labels on the faces and straps, so it's easier to see. Also added a label so you can see which combination you currently have selected.

15. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Excellent and very well done.

Not forgetting also to thank the OP for starting this off as a concept.

So a BIG well done to both of you, and I'm sure we all really appreciate the work you have both put into offering this multiple view / combination of the watch.

16. MarcoCapa macrumors regular

17. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

This website makes me want one even more. Well done!

18. Tycho24 macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Another thanks...

This is a helpful tool!
    Thx to all.

19. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

20. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

21. KPOM macrumors G5

Since the clasp of the modern buckle is in two pieces, it should be possible to move half the clasp from one buckle to another. For example, if you buy the rose gold with rose gray leather, and get a blue modern buckle, you can have a two-toned clasp with some mixing and matching.

22. Dave245 macrumors 601

These look great!! i was thinking about the :apple: Watch straps are they going to fit everyone? like a one size fits all, or are we going to have to go into the Apple store to try them on, or even have to alter them to fit our wrists. Everybody's wrists are different, some large some small, this goes for men and women.

23. TheralSadurns thread starter macrumors 6502

The way I see and understood it is that all bands are adjustable. So I guess most of them will fit most people. The degree of adjustability though may be different. The sports band for example has pretty cut hopes, while the leather loop can just be pulled tighter.

I guess though that most bands will fit 99% of the people. Unless your name is Brett Favre I guess :D

24. eimeria macrumors member

This is really great. Thanks for putting this together.

25. nico81 macrumors newbie

Hi! I found this thread googling, I also made a website to view all the possible match between cases and bands:
    http://mixyourwatch.com

Bye
    Nico