Apple Watch Nike - Gasket from Digital Crown

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by richxps, Jan 26, 2017.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

i can swear I seen something sticking out from the Digital Crown area but I don't see anything anymore. If by some chance the gasket did fall out how would I know ? Also since I don't swim with the watch is it adage to still use it ?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Updated the title to make it more meaningful In the future place avoid generic titles as that will limit the people from actually seeing and responding.

3. honglong1976 macrumors 6502a

honglong1976

1. disassemble the apple watch. If you can't see the gasket. Its missing

or

2. Submerge the watch in water. If the watch dies and water gets inside, we can assume the gasket is not there.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Or 3. take it to Apple and have them diagnose and repair it :)

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I would take it to Apple and have them inspect it before you subject the Watch to any water. If it was an issue, you could prevent further issues down the road.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I definitely wouldn't disassemble the Apple Watch unless you have complete confidence it would not corrupt or ruin it. Otherwise it would likely void the warranty or worse, it wouldn't function normal if you couldn't repair it properly.

Also, I wouldn't subject the Watch to water or test to see if it is a gasket, I would rather have Apple inspect it and allow them to address the issue, if there is one. If there was an issue with the seal, then it would be a warranty concern.

7. honglong1976 macrumors 6502a

honglong1976

I forgot to put sarcasm at the beginning and /sarcasm at the end :)

8. Apl4Lyf macrumors newbie

Believe it or not my repair was "denied" with the seal coming out of my crown. Have you noticed a number of people with this issue NOT having resolution?