Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 GPS and LTE Models Now in Stores

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 5, 2017.

1. dilbert99 macrumors 65816

I doubt Apple will have the courage to remove the red dot

2. kingtj macrumors 68020

After reading this MacRumors article yesterday, it prompted me to pull the trigger on buying a new Series 3 Nike edition watch. I've been using the Series 0 black sport watch with space grey since day 1 (Anniversary gift from my wife).

Until now, I liked my Apple Watch -- but not enough to drop hundreds of dollars on upgrading it. But everyone said Series 3 is so much faster, it's worth the upgrade for the speed boost alone. And the sluggishness of the UI really does get on my nerves at times.

But when I started thinking more about it, I came to the same conclusion; If I get some extra watch faces with the Nike edition? I may as well wait for that version to come out and get it. But probably just as importantly for me? I found the band on my original Sport watch got uncomfortable to wear by the end of the day. Especially if it's hot outside, I reach a point where I just want to take it off for a few hours. I think the ventilation holes throughout the Nike edition are a practical way to solve that whole problem. So it's the most logical choice for me and what I was looking for. (And I'm not even a runner or much of an athlete. Walking some trails in a park on a random weekend is about as sporty as I get!)

I have to say though? Unlike most people, I have no interest at all in the LTE version of the watch, so I skipped that one. When I take an honest look at how I use my devices? I realize I almost always have my phone with me already, and I'm not a fan of using Bluetooth headsets. I spend some time on the phone in the car using the hands-free kit built into my stereo -- but again, always have my phone with me in the car because my music collection is on my phone and I may want to Bluetooth stream the music to the stereo too.

I don't need to waste $120 per year just to be able to say my watch can make and take phone calls too. (And only enough battery life in the watch to do about an hour of phone calling? Yeah, no deal.... I do computer support for a living and can easily blow through that in a few back-to-back calls when sorting out a network outage or what-not.)

3. MisterAndrew macrumors 6502

MisterAndrew

Same here. Waiting for my crimson sport loop. Has anyone actually gotten one? I was out of town yesterday so I couldn't make a stop at an Apple store to see if they had any. In-store pickup says Nov 10th on their website for all the stores I've checked.

4. Drunken Master 911 macrumors newbie

I waited 3 weeks for my Nike+ LTE AW to arrive and all I can say is yikes. Returned it immediately. The UI of the OS and apps like Activity and Workout is a nightmare rivaled only by being seen in public talking into my watch, and the thought of checking my email anytime/anywhere (as if anything is that important to anyone) and paying $120/yr for that privilege. Oh yeah, and then having to charge the POS along with everything else at night.

No choices. All third party apps are anchored into the presence of an iPhone. Can't even play Spotify. A truly disturbing waste of $500. Can't even really get behind the thought that rational beings will soon be paying over $1500 for what exactly? A phone with a cool screen and a cool camera?

I'm clutching onto my 2012 MBP with removable HD's and RAM and 6s Plus with regular headphone jack for dear life.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Sorry, it’s all very confusing with all these model names. Back in my day there was just the Apple Watch and Edition :D
    But they did have Nike Bands for sale. Surely any sports model and that=Nike edition?

6. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Some Nike+ bands are exclusive to the watch so you can't buy them all, also the actual watch has the Nike+ logo on the back and exclusive watch faces. So it's not just a Nike sport band + any sports model.