Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kfieler1981

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2015
I reconcile r almost not notifications on my watch.. Silent and DNS are off I've switched from mirror my phone to custom alerts, phone will be off haptic is set to prominent .. I've reset and unpaired my watch still nothing.. Any ideas on what's going on

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
I had this problem too. I had to unpair, restore from backup, reboot the watch and it started working again.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Remember that you'll only receive notifications on your watch when your phone is off/locked. If the phone is unlocked then your notifications will be displayed on the phone and not the watch.

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH
I reconcile r almost not notifications on my watch.. Silent and DNS are off I've switched from mirror my phone to custom alerts, phone will be off haptic is set to prominent .. I've reset and unpaired my watch still nothing.. Any ideas on what's going on

What BrettDS said.

Do not have your phone on and your notifications will come. The directions the watch comes with explains that you get notifications when the phone isn't open.

srshaw

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
I had this problem. I changed the notification settings in the watch app from mirror my iphone to custom. This seemed to do the trick for me at least.

Oops, just realised you already tried the custom notifications. Sorry.

Last edited:

Kfieler1981

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2015
My phone is locked in my pocket and the only reason I know I have a notification is vibrating or noise from my phone. The red notification dot never lights up even its on I've checked

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
I had most of my notifications set to "Banners" and I wasn't getting them on my watch. Changed them to "Alerts" and now it works.

macmurray

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2011
Mine just started delivering notifications to my iPhone first this evening. I hear my iPhone notification sound (iPhone is locked, screen off), but nothing on the watch. If I wait a good 30 seconds it then shows up on my watch, but at that point I could have just looked at my phone and have no use for the watch. Up until this evening I would get pinged on the watch first. Not sure what's going on. If I have to unpair, restore, etc. it's just going back to Apple. It should "just work".

I'm probably a little more upset about it than I should be, but it's really bugging me. You had one job watch, give me my notifications more conveniently than my phone!

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
had my watch just under a month and today was the first time I have had an issue with notifications.

I was driving home with my phone sitting on the passenger seat and I got a text alert. My phone went off and I looked and saw the message on the screen, nothing on the watch. I wondered if the phone had been on and that was the reason but no. a few mins later, same thing...it was as if the watch didn't exist.

Rebooted both phone and watch and everything went back to normal.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
had my watch just under a month and today was the first time I have had an issue with notifications.

I was driving home with my phone sitting on the passenger seat and I got a text alert. My phone went off and I looked and saw the message on the screen, nothing on the watch. I wondered if the phone had been on and that was the reason but no. a few mins later, same thing...it was as if the watch didn't exist.

Rebooted both phone and watch and everything went back to normal.
You can also go into the phone ( on the phone ) Settings/Notifications/Messages and toggle it off. Then back on. I waited about a minute but that may not be necessary. That restored the messages going to the watch first. My issue was a little different, texts went to the phone first with an alert going off, then about 30-40 seconds later the watch would sound off.

If that doesn't work, then as you discovered a restart will probably take care of it.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
worse now

I think after 1.01 this is WORSE for me, I'm no longer getting VIP mail notifications and the digital touch doesn't seem to work at all.

the whole layer is just buggy at the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.