apple watch not showing weather

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by oftheheavens, Jul 5, 2017.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

Anyone running ios11 and 3.2.2 watchOS and having this issue? Just started today out of no where.

2. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

Yes I did. I could'nt find a way to fix it so I just reverted back to 10.3.3 and weather came back on. I even re-paired my watch on iOS 11 and nothing which makes me assume it's an issue with iOS 11 itself.

3. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

In iOS 11 the weather needs to have its location service set to always for it to appear on the watch. I'm not sure if its a bug or purposely changed to that.

4. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

Just turned it to always on and no change on my watch. Oh well back to 10 for now I suppose

5. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I'm using iOS 11 b2 and WatchOS 4 b2 .... weather works on the watch with the Weather Apps privacy set to "While Using". However, sunrise/sunset doesn't work unless "Apple Watch Faces" privacy is set to "While Using". Unfortunately, setting this causes it to constantly use location services and burn my battery, so I have disabled this.

Edit: I know the OP mentioned WatchOS 3.2.2

6. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

no worries what OS I mentioned, thanks for the input. My watch, again out of nowhere, is no not even picking up my phone. I think I'll just drop back to iOS 10 when I get home tonight. I am used to developer betas having issues not ready for release and can deal with it because I know what I am signing up for. I am no longer developing though and though the PB would be a little more stable right out the gate. Oh well, part of the game I suppose!

7. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

Tried to downgrade and got stuck in a loop and had to restore it losing everything. Oh well my fault.

8. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

My weather in Notification Center is also not showing City with location turned off.. used to be okay on iOS 10