Apple watch not updating to 1.0.1

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Tiks90, May 23, 2015.

1. Tiks90 macrumors newbie

I got my apple watch yesterday and today I decided to update the watch OS. I downloaded it on my iPhone, put the watch on charge (its 99%) and tapped install in the software update menu on iPhone. Now the iPhone says installing on apple watch, but apple watch does not show anything. :(:(

I switch my phone off and the watch as well. Restarted both of them and tried again but still doesn't work...

Am I doing something wrong ?

2. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

I remember when I was updating, it took maybe 30 seconds or 1 minute for the watch to start updating after iPhone said installing on apple watch.

3. Tiks90 thread starter macrumors newbie

I waited for about half an hour but it was still showing installing on apple watch and the watch was not showing anything. :(:(

4. RBDan macrumors member

RBDan

I wouldn't do it until they work out the heart rate bug. Unless you don't use it as a fitness watch.

5. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

The only thing I could think of is unpair and repair. And make sure your phone is connected to wifi.

6. taff2003 macrumors member

+1. If I could easily roll back to 1.0.0, I would.

7. Knightcastle macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

+1 on this. Save yourselves.

8. papbot macrumors 6502

I have to agree with the others. If the watch is working properly right now, just wait until the second update comes out. I don't think it will be that long since the heart rate and messages functions have gotten so much attention.

There were some improvements with 1.0.1 but not enough to stress about right now. And again I don't think it will be long before the next one comes out and you can try again. Just remember to have watch on the charger near the phone and be on wifi before you start the process. If for some reason then it doesn't work you can try some of the more involved solutions. Till then just sit tight.

9. Tiks90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys.. I would wait for the next one then... Hopefully I don't face this issue on the next one...