Apple Watch Notifications Have Changed On Me?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Futhark, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Ok i have no idea what has happened or how to fix it so writing to see if this has happened to anyone else?

Since i received my Apple Watch on launch day the way notifications worked was as follows:

If my Phone was locked and black screen and i got a notification it would stay like that but my Watch would vibrate and play the notification sound, This would work vice versa if i was using my phone, It would show the notification and play the notification sound while my watch stayed silent and no vibration.

As of yesterday Notifications are coming through on my iPhone even when it's locked and black screen and the watch instead of either one or the other depending on what you are doing?

Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did you fix it? I've restarted both devices and still the same result?

I may be wrong but i think it might actually only be doing it for Texts & Mail

2. skaclown macrumors member

It happened to me for messages.

All I did was change the notification settings for Messages from Mirror iPhone to Custom and then back again to mirror iPhone. That seemed to do the trick.

3. Futhark, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015

Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Apple Watch Notifications Have Changed On Me?

I thought i'd tried that to be honest but i'll give it a go again, thanks

Just tested this and still doing the same. I've even tried custom but still my phone and watch are both getting the notifications