Apple Watch Notifications help please

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by keg35, Mar 16, 2016.

1. keg35 macrumors newbie

I have read a few forums and haven't seemed to have got any answers. I hope that my apple watch and my iPhone 6 plus can both send me notifications when my phone is unlocked. I have missed several texts and emails to my watch because when I have checked my phone I have forgotten to lock it. I also own a pebble and this sends notifications to the pebble watch and iPhone. Does anyone know how to set the apple watch to receive ALL notifications to the watch? I know that Apple has set it to work with when the iPhone is unlocked and not to go to the watch but is there a work around....Any help would be appreciated.

2. 3568358 macrumors 6502

Just turn on all the notifications in the apple watch app.....

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I have not seen any options that allow users to control when the watch receives notifications. If the phone is awake (screen on), then only the phone will get notified. If the phone is asleep/locked (screen off), then only the watch will receive notifications. I do not think that this behavior is user-settable.

4. keg35 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah silly idea especially if your phone is on silent and you haven't quite locked it yet and you receive a message or mail without knowing. I hope apple consider this is the future

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Get into the habit of always hitting the sleep/wake button when you're finished looking at the screen. It's also a good way of saving the battery (and preventing pocket dialing).

6. WizardHunt macrumors demi-god

WizardHunt

I wonder if this is why i never get notifications on my iPhone if I am wearing my Apple watch and my iPhone is locked. I get it on my watch but never hear it with my phone. I wish they had a setting that would allow you to get it on both the apple watch and the iPhone when locked.