Apple Watch on watchOS 2 and iPhone on iOS 10 PB2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by PaladinGuy, Jul 27, 2016.

1. PaladinGuy, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016

PaladinGuy macrumors 6502

I tried to search for this, but searching never works great on forums. I recently noticed after installing iOS 10 public beta, my Apple Watch acts weird with notifications and the heart rate sensor green LEDs don't turn on when I use the heart rate glance.

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of stuff with the iOS 10 beta? To clarify, I do not have watchOS beta software on my Apple Watch. Thanks!

2. tonyunreal macrumors regular

tonyunreal

I've been using watchOS 2 with iOS 10 beta since it came out, never experienced any problem.

Could it be a hardware defect? Have you tried restoring to iOS 9.3.3?

3. PaladinGuy thread starter macrumors 6502

The weird thing is that the lights come on for the workout app. It's just the glances/on demand that isn't working.

4. Tuba macrumors newbie

Tuba

I'm on 10 PB2 and watchOS 2, and I can't reproduce this error. Might be worth a doing the usual device restart/reset waltz and then filing a bug report if the issue is still there??

5. PaladinGuy thread starter macrumors 6502

So, I unpaired and repaired my Apple Watch and set it up as a new watch. This issue went away. Not sure what was going on, but it's a tad annoying having to go through this so often. It's like the 4th time I have had to either completely restore or repair the watch because of bugs. Each time it kind of nudges me to just go back to my mechanical watch. Just me though. I guess bugs will always be part of anything that runs software...