Apple Watch only remembers one(last) wifi info?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fyun89, Mar 8, 2017.

1. fyun89 macrumors 6502

So, AW works without an iPhone if there is a Wifi (non-authenticative, website login, public, etc). My local gym wifi only requires the wifi passcode and I wanted to test if my AW will work without my iPhone there (I hate carrying stuff in my pocket when working out).

Just to be safe (gym without a music is painful for me), I took my iPhone one time and turned the bluetooth to see if my AW connects to the gym's network. And it did work flawlessly.

However, when I didn't bring my iPhone along with me, it did not connect to the wifi on its own. It was strange since AW still connected to my home network just before leaving my house.

I came to a conclusion that AW will only remember the wifi network info of the last connection. Does your AW connect to multiple location's wifi without your iPhone around? Or am I doing something wrong?

2. chiefs1968 macrumors member

--- Post Merged, Mar 8, 2017 ---
    When at home my Watch remembers my wifi even if I left my phone in the car outside at my business it seems to remember three wifi and then there are days it does not and that I cannot figure out. At home it's 100% working bug spotty at my business.