apple watch or Nano?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jameth1998, Jul 20, 2015.

?

apple watch or Nano?

1. ipod nano with a wristband : much cheaper but not as many features

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. apple iwatch : expensive, has much more applications, yet much of them aren't used

30 vote(s)
    93.8%
  1. Jameth1998 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jameth1998

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

3. Jameth1998 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jameth1998

The apple watch is worth it?

4. applewatch macrumors 6502

applewatch

Yes.

5. Jameth1998 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jameth1998

thanks

6. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

The iWatch will grow with you and your life. The nano will play nice music for you but the iWatch does that and more and you will likely find yourself appreciating those little things. I know I do.

7. jaymc macrumors 6502

jaymc

Actually, the music quality on the nano is not as good quality of the current iPods or Watch.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Do you really want to be constantly asked "Is that the Apple Watch?" or "Why don't you get the Apple Watch?"

9. c55 macrumors regular

c55

The Nano worn as a watch looks almost forced. You can tell Apple didn't spend a lot of time designing the Nano to really look like a watch, it just kind of happened. It's square, cumbersome, and doesn't form to your wrist like the Apple Watch does. The materials used in the watch are from another level. The Nano feels like (and looks like) a cheap toy compared to any of Apple's Watches.

Here's a pretty decent review of the two side by side: http://www.cnet.com/videos/apple-wa...omparing-apples-two-watches-four-years-apart/ One thing he didn't touch on is Siri. She is a life changer on the Watch. I hope Apple adds even more improvements to Siri through later software updates to make the Watch easier to use.

10. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Which would I rather have...

A discontinued unsupported MP3 player on a strap

-or-

An updatable state of the art wrist computer with an SDK, that lets me do an increasingly complex and large number of things that my phone can do, while leaving the phone in my pocket.

Hmm. Lemme think abou...

The Watch!?!

11. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I can't vote because both does not belong to deaf people sorry.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So deaf individuals are unable to read text/email, utilize the Activity app, use turn by turn navigation, pay with Apple Pay, etc.?

13. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Deaf people can't use Siri to answer/reply email or text. They can;t hear voiced turn by turn navigation.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There are canned responses that you can use and it gives taps for left/right turns.

Even being able to view texts/email is beneficial if you don't bother to respond to them, as you can determine the urgency.

15. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

For what it's worth, I know of deaf people that already own and enjoy Apple watches. A few of them posted in this very forum when pre-orders were going around. Clearly, there's enough functionality for them to keep the device so maybe you should give it a shot?

16. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

I had hoped that this thread was a joke :(

They aren't even really comparable. One is a small touch screen MP3 player with a few extras and the convenience of a clock face screen saver, the other is actually a watch and so much more. If you were to take the prices from brand new at launch, the watch would still win by a country mile. Frankly, I can't even begin to tell you what I'd think if I saw the nano used as a watch now, you'd just look like a fool trying too hard to impress people or "trick" them.

I realise that I've basically paraphrased this whole thread but I don't think it can be stressed enough how much they're not even close to being the same thing.

As for deaf people... Other than phone calls, I honestly don't think I've even used ay audio features on my watch, I just enjoy the convenience of a screen on my wrist. Sure Siri is useful but it's not a deal breaker and even still, if you can speak clearly (I don't know your situation on speech) then you can still use that pretty visually. You should give it a shot if you want to own one, you always have 2 weeks to return.

17. IllusionEntity macrumors 6502

IllusionEntity

Wasn't there an article about a blind girl who loved the Apple watch for its turn by turn navigation?

18. rowdt1 macrumors regular

19. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I feel a "micro-aggression" here!

20. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I don't believe that poster is deaf. I'm hard of hearing, and I love the tactic feedback of the watch. I never hear the iPhone ding, so the only way for me to know that a noftificatiion has come in is of I feel the phone vibrate. The watch does away with having to have the phone on my person in order to get notifications. I think most deaf and hard of hearing people would appreciate the tactile feedback of the watch, and find it useful even if they can't use Siri. (And as another poster pointed out, some deaf people could speak well enough to use Siri.)

21. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Yep Siri works TOO well for me.

Was dictating a short answer on a text while waiting at a red light and was waiting on the watch to get done populating the screen with what I dictated but then it started putting more and MORE text up on the screen. All of a sudden I realized that my watch was getting dictation the from my radio playing Fox News! o_Oo_Oo_O

22. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

LOL!!! Yeah, I once had that happen with my TV. Even though I can't speak to Siri, I can type in a query on an iPhone or iPad, so I invoked Siri and was about to start typing when Siri started responding to what the TV was saying.

23. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It's a pretty common response for him/her :)

24. jaymc macrumors 6502

jaymc

I have both the Nano with a strap and Watch. The Nano does have a radio. ;)

Attached Files: