Apple Watch Original Worth buying at the moment ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gontarek, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Gontarek macrumors newbie

Hello guys :)

I have an offer to buy New Apple Watch 42mm series 0 stainless stell with sapphire glass product red. Price 220 €. For about 300 € I have Apple Watch series 1 but aluminum, is it sensible to buy the Apple Watch series 0 in a better version or speed of operation more useful? Thanks so much

2. batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

I would not do it. I have an original Series 0 and the battery is worn out - can’t last a day without 2 charges throughout the day after being charged all night. Also there is a lot of lag with apps. It still works great for telling time and glancing at the complications on the watch face for current weather. Also notifications work well but trying to respond to a text per se can be hit or miss. I would buy a Series 1 or try to get a good deal on a Series 2.

CHeers,
    Bobbie

3. KrisLord macrumors 68000

There’s a big difference in performance between the series 0 and the 1.

Unless you really want the steel version I’d avoid the series 0.

Perhaps have a look around for some stores clearing stock of the series 2? It’s the same speed as the 1 but adds GPS, additional waterproofing and a brighter screen.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's really dependent on what you want to Use the first generation Apple Watch for. At this point, it may not make it to watchOS 5 by my guesses. It still works excellent for notifications, fitness and certain tasks, but doesn't have the speed that the Series 1/Series 2 has.

One advantage you're going to get from the first generation Apple Watch aside from the stainless, is the sapphire display. But again, it's based on what you want to use the Apple Watch for.

5. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

6. mrklaw macrumors 68020

I’m selling mine but with watchOS4 it is still fine for notifications and replying to messages, and lasts a full day with plenty of battery left (light use not doing workouts but tracking activity and multiple notifications)

It won’t be great if you want to use lots of apps, but I dont find the Watch useful for that kind of activity anyway

7. Knightcastle macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

I sold my S0 Aluminium for £200. At the time I thought “sure, it’s 3+ years old but it still looks great and runs the latest software”

Now I’ve used my S3 for a bit I can’t believe anyone would put up with the original.

8. KrisLord macrumors 68000

That’s a really good price for an S0. I sold mine for that a year ago!

9. Knightcastle macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

Yeah I never expected it to go at that price. Put it on high to chance my luck while the S3 was still in transit and it sold within 12 hours

10. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I still think the S0 is a great watch for widgets and notifications. Assuming the battery is OK.

Where I appreciate the speed of the Series 3 is with Siri. I use Siri a lot when I’m out running.

11. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502a

gatorknight904

I sold my S0 SS with white sport band for $150.

12. ersan191 macrumors 65816

S0 is nightmarishly slow in my opinion - I sold mine about a year after I got it because it was just so irritatingly slow. I didn’t buy a watch again until the series 3 LTE and it is absolutely night and day.

13. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

Its 2years and 4months at best. ;–)

14. Knightcastle macrumors 6502

Knightcastle

I realised this just this afternoon! April 2015 mine arrived - Could have sworn they'd been around longer than that