Apple Watch OS 2.0.1 & iPhone 6S

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by adminaaah, Oct 23, 2015.

1. adminaaah macrumors member

Hey guys,

So here is a question for all you folks who have got an iPhone 6S... How's your battery holding out after being paired with your Apple Watch?

Including the following would be helpful as well?
    What type of user are you (Light, Moderate, Heavy)?
    How much battery do you have remaining at the end of the day?

I know everyone uses their iPhone in a different manner but I am just looking for a average before I decide to go ahead and get an Apple Watch and pair it with my 6S... :)

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I do not think the AW has a material battery drain impact on the iPhone. If anything, it improves phone battery life, because you are likely to use the phone a little less. My 6s battery is significantly better than my 6 was. I usually finish the day with about 55% battery, and I am probably a moderate to heavy user.

3. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

A very good point, I didn't think of that! Currently I am finishing the day with around ~45-50% battery on my 6S with moderate to heavy use as well.

4. Cowboy1629 macrumors regular

Cowboy1629

I had better battery life with my 6 than the 6s with the Watch.

I'm probably a moderate user and run the workout app on the Watch about 1 hour per day. I receive several alerts, calendar notices, emails from 3 different sources, and several text messages per day.

My normal work shift is 12 hours so between work and the 6 hours of free time per day my 6s will not make it 18 hours. The Watch usually does even playing music from it to Bluetooth headphones while working out.

Overall not real pleased by the iPhone 6s battery but I suppose it could be worse. Not sure how much is related to the Watch or the smaller battery Apple put in the iPhone.