Apple Watch OS 2 - nightstand alarm clock - really?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by keatth, Jun 10, 2015.

1. keatth macrumors 6502

I want to wear the watch while sleeping so I can use it as an alarm clock with no sound, a vibration on my wrist, thats one of the most useful things for me for a smartwatch. I guess we're just not there yet.

2. Mooch55 macrumors member

Mooch55

yeah but then how and when would you charge it?

3. flur macrumors 68000

You can do that. Just charge it while you're showering or whatever. You don't have to use the nightstand feature just because it exists.

4. usmcchet macrumors member

usmcchet

Ive been wearing watches since I was like 7 or 8 years old and unless I was just too tire to remember I never wore a watch when I slept with the exception of my time in the service and I was out in the field. I know some people do it but to me its not something I take into consideration when I buy a watch

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I agree with flur. If you want to wear it to bed, then do so and choose to charge it at a different time. It's really that simple.

6. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Can you not do this currently? You can't set an alarm to only sound through the haptic engine?

7. flur macrumors 68000

You can do that.

8. Prattdizzle macrumors member

Prattdizzle

Well I just did a review of this very feature. Honestly I find sleeping with my watch on very uncomfortable and rather take it off as I don't like having unnecessary things on overnight.

Honestly I think the nightstand feature is cool as all hell.

9. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I had a Jawbone Up band a few years back and the silent alarm thing was great. The Up's 7 day battery life made it practical.

Maybe just get an Up to wear at night? I've seen them on sale/clearance quite a bit recently (around $50). You'll get sleep tracking too, if that's something you're interested in.

10. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

In an ever so slightly drunken stupor I fell asleep with my Watch on the other night.

Woke up with 47% battery. Put it on charge as I showered and brushed my teeth.

Lasted the whole day again.

I think I could make it work to wear at night and charge for maybe 30/40 mins in the morning as I get ready for work. Okay I would probably miss a couple of steps as I go to the bathroom and the bedroom but if I could have sleep patterns monitored and a silent alarm it would be a sacrifice I would make.