Apple Watch OS 4.1 release date

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by andresandiego, Oct 30, 2017.

1. andresandiego macrumors regular

andresandiego

Any guesses when the AW OS 4.1 will be released?

2. KrisLord macrumors 68000

Guessing tomorrow or Wednesday, with iOS 11.1.

3. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

My only guess is prior to 4.1.1 but definitely before 4.2
    They had a good number of betas for 4.0. It probably should have had a couple more before it was released.

4. musicpenguy macrumors 68000

Guessing today or tomorrow, at the latest Wednesday - they’ll want it to hit before the iPhone X hits on the 3rd.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 30, 2017 ---
    It looks like iOS 11.2 dropped for devs today! Can’t be long for the public release of watchOS 4.1!

5. garethjs macrumors 6502a

6. TScottTX macrumors member

TScottTX

7. Orangeman13 macrumors 6502

Orangeman13

8. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

This is weird....

When my watch was on Watch OS 3.2.3 and before, every time my iPhone connected to my car's bluetooth system, my watch would show a notification of how long it would take me to get home/work and with a quick message to say "..traffic is light" or something like that.

Then, I updated to Watch OS 4.0 (when it was released) and weirdly, this function completely vanished even though I changed NO settings on the phone or watch.... I would get into my car, and would not receive the above notification anymore. This was around the time of iOS 11 release so at the time, was wondering if it had something to do with the 'Do Not Disturb While Driving' feature of iOS 11?

Then, the other night, I updated my watch to OS 4.1, and again, weirdly, this function has now returned even though I have changed NO settings on the watch or phone?!

Strange....
    o_O:confused:

9. BillGates1969 macrumors 6502

BillGates1969

Same with me. I normally don't notice as I work from home so my office is at home, but the other day I went shopping and as soon as I got in my car it told me traffic was light and it would take 20 mins to get home :)